M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I picked up today for only 25FRNs. 20mm ammo can.

Am thinking this could be turned into a nice portable HF radio kit.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Fill it with ammo , better than money in the bank. It ain't getting cheaper.

Reactions: SGAL1 and m14brian

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,431 Posts
Fill it with ammo , better than money in the bank. It ain't getting cheaper.
+1 to ray55classic, that's what I was thinking. Fill it with .308, the inflation rate normally is 3-4%, who knows what it is now so with cash you are losing value. Ammo will increase over time.
m14brian

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
DRSO sales has them cheaper, but....

I almost bought 50+ pallets (roughly 3000+ cans) of the twenty mike mike cans only a year or so back. I thought about filling them with sand and building a shed/bunker out of them with a welder. I had a few of them at the house, and filled with sand they were too heavy, if they fell in, and handling them full of sand was a work out. They went for about $10 a pallet, and there were 60 cans per pallet. Then I would have 60 miles of transportation costs, Which I figured at $10 to $15 per pallet. (friend who has a straight truck, with 10 pallets per load, about 5 trips said he cold do it it for that.)

Then the constant "ear pain" from the misses. Just not worth it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I store powder in mine. Have several with other items that don't like moisture as well.
You can find lots down here in NC close to LeJeune and Ft. Bragg. When they are in stock they can usually be had for $20.

SMAWman

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have several, each mounted on the tongue or running board of a trailer. Makes an ideal storage box for a jack, lugwrench, tools, tiedowns, wiring adapters, and a copy of the registration and safety inspection (in a ziplock bag).

One on the 4-horse trailer, one on the 2-horse trailer, 1 on the 18' car hauler, 1 on the 4x8 utility trailer, and a spare to tote along with the boat trailer.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I have one just like it, I had the bright Idea to put 2000 7.62x51mm (a battle pack fits nicely in it) The average human is not going to move it very far on muscle power alone.

Reactions: nf1e

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I have two of the 20mm cans that are filled with ammo, they will hold a lot and will become very heavy. They make great storage containers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts