M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an M1A with a Sadlak mount. I'd like to get some specific advice from you guys on scope options. Here's my basic requirements: Most distance shooting will be less than 300 yards, budget is $200-400 range, I prefer variable magnification but would accept a good fixed magnification scope. What are my options?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have experience with 2 in your price range that are nice.
The SS that has already been suggested. Mine is the 10x fixed

And the Zeiss Conquest 3-9

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just put a Leupold Mark AR 3-9X scope on my M14. Typical Leupold quality, mil-dot reticle, and BDC (calibrated for both 5.56 and MOA - so is still useful). Price range is $350-$400.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Scope Suggestions

Firsthand, I can recommend Leupold's 3.5-10x40 vx3. I bought mine used from the SWFA sample list for just under $400. Leupold's don't come with lens covers so you'll end up buying those separately.

With the lower power adjustable scopes such as 3-9, or 3.5-10 you're not asking the optics to do anything too extreme so differences in scope quality are less noticeable than with higher power scopes. I would consider these if you're leaning towards the $250 side of your budget.

Having said that, The Nikon buckmaster 4.5-14x40 would be a good one for shooting out to 300 yards, and is still within reason in terms of magnification. You can get it with a mil. dot reticule and you'll even have money left over for a lens shade.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Oh okay. I'm remodeling my mom's kitchen and those looked similar to thermofoil doors. It's a door with a protective coating like a laminate door but better. We're getting some custom made cabinets for the house and thermofoil was one of the options. We stuck with regular wood, that thermofoil stuff feels like plastic.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oh okay. I'm remodeling my mom's kitchen and those looked similar to thermofoil doors. It's a door with a protective coating like a laminate door but better. We're getting some custom made cabinets for the house and thermofoil was one of the options. We stuck with regular wood, that thermofoil stuff feels like plastic.
Luis???

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
No, he was a little too rich for our blood. Not that he wasn't worth the cost, just that we have a budget and need to stay within it.
I look forward to seeing the final results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts