M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across this Griffin & Howe mount that fits very well on M14 receivers. It has 7/8" rings. Does anyone know the story on this guy? I have no idea what it is or it's history. I know they made M1C mounts, but this is different. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
757 Posts
The upper mount is without question an M1C mount that was originally mounted on M1C rifle serial number 3591985.

The lower mount looks like one of the two types of M14 AWC mounts I have seen. One type has a "step" on the front face, the other type is flat like your mount.

Here is a link to an old thread with some pictures and discussion on these mounts:

http://m14forum.com/m14/81356-traditional-vietnam-m14-sniper-rifles.html

Cass

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I concur with above postings. If you could shoot a pic of the top rail of the mount, that would help ID if it is an original. You scored good.

Currently M84 scopes are going for close to $1000, but I'm guessing you have very little in this set-up. So, finishing out this early "sniper" mod would be easy. I've seen 2 or 3 different screw/nut types used with these and with patience could be found. If you decide not to go old-school, you will have no problem selling these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.