M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My FIL gave me some random parts, including the op-rod and scope mounts below. I can see one of the mounts is G.I., one is SA, and the other? Also any idea where the op-rod came from?
Thanks
Mark
Wood Automotive tire Bumper Wall Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Bumper Trigger Automotive exterior Gas

Trigger Gas Gun accessory Gun barrel Bumper

Light Black Air gun Trigger Wood

Air gun Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Registered
123 Posts
The mount marked B-Square is, well, a B-Square mount. They used to make inexpensive mounts & are decent quality. Please take pics of the other side of the mount with the NSN on it, as it kind of looks like a Brookfield, but weren’t Smith Enterprises mounts also marked that way? It looks more like a Smith now that I’ve looked at pics of both the SEI & Brookfield. Does that mount come with the mounting screw/bolt?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I believe the SAI mount is a Third Generation. I am told they work fine if installed when new using factory instructions - which includes using a brass/soft hammer to form it to the receiver, and then kept with that receiver only! I notice the front knob is held in with tape - if the washer/e-clip is missing the end of the knob may stick into the left rail and interfere with bolt movement. I'm sure SA can furnish parts and instructions. If the one without the knob is a Brookfield or Smith, you have really scored! CC

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Bottom scope mount is an SEI part. If the mounting bolt and cam are missing, I think your can get replacement parts from Fulton Armory (see below). (Note: Brookfield mounts have a Weaver rail with 6 or so spaced slots for rings, as opposed to the Picatinny rail seen in the picture).

Full kit:
Cam only:
Bolt only:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bottom scope mount is an SEI part. If the mounting bolt and cam is missing I think your can get replacement parts from Fulton Armory (see below). (Note: Brookfield mounts have a Weaver rail with only 5 or 6 slots for rings, as opposed to the Picatinny rail seen in the picture).

Full kit:
Cam only:
Bolt only:
There you go, spend a few bucks and have by far the best mount of the three.

And I changed my mind about the B-Square mount; read some reviews and you may want to toss it or give it to an Airsofter, since they’re $30 brand new.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I believe the SAI mount is a Third Generation. I am told they work fine if installed when new using factory instructions - which includes using a brass/soft hammer to form it to the receiver, and then kept with that receiver only! I notice the front knob is held in with tape - if the washer/e-clip is missing the end of the knob may stick into the left rail and interfere with bolt movement. I'm sure SA can furnish parts and instructions. If the one without the knob is a Brookfield or Smith, you have really scored! CC
The missing D-clip is standard hardware available at, well any hardware store. The problem is as the mount is used the ring can rub the receiver finish off. I removed and have had no problems.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Those b square mounts really are not bad for an out of spec receiver. There are three points of adjustment to get it right

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got two of these this week I had selected at the store on 1 Sept, needed to stand by to get them since the NCIC's check took longer than expected. One was exceptionally decent with many chrome parts and a pleasantly stained stock. the hand monitors were in pleasant condition however didn't have the satin finish, I have cleaned the handguards, purple force and bubbling got all the old gunk and polish off, and presently might want to coordinate with the stock with a light stain.

9Apps Showbox

1 - 9 of 9 Posts