M14 Forum banner

Schmeisser MP-40 (This one doesn't deserve a zero)

1904 11
I've got one of these but there is a slight snag. It's one of those, cut into three pieces deals and I just haven't had time to remanufacture it yet. Spend less time on the Forum and get to work, OK bet you didn't think I heard that. :) 8) 8)
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rest in Peace Federal
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had two of these before but as Hawk knows we are having some problems so I haven't had a chance to work on the one we still have. They are fun when they are all put together. :lol: :lol: I guess you and I are the only ones who do this type of shooting or maybe we're the only ones who will admit it. 8O 8O Your a new daddy and I'm a new grandpa (pvt. Mathew, FNG). :D :D

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Rek'n it pays to have a friend that owns a range and is a Class II Manufacturer ...

He has lots of toys and I am priveledged to help myself to the toy box ... :wink:

I only wish he had'nt of sold the BAR he had as that was one of my favorites ...

Six

·
Rest in Peace Federal
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still waiting for my BAR. I've got the manufacturer part covered and a friend of mine has a room full of BAR's that he needs to be talked out of, at this point I'm still hoping. 8) 8) 8) 8)

-

·
Registered
167 Posts
Federal said:
I'm still waiting for my BAR. I've got the manufacturer part covered and a friend of mine has a room full of BAR's that he needs to be talked out of, at this point I'm still hoping. 8) 8) 8) 8)

-
OHHHH! The BAR is my DREAM RIFLE!!!! So what are they going for now?

azski

·
Rest in Peace Federal
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, ski, I would have to look that one up myself. :) The friend I mentioned really does have a room full, but, they are not in this country. :cry: :cry: I have to talk him out of one or two and then do about a mile of paperwork including the Customs people. :wink: The real fly in the ointment is he has to go there personally to take things out. While I'm waiting I'll have a look around and let you know what I find. 8)

-

·
Registered
167 Posts
Federal said:
Well, ski, I would have to look that one up myself. :) The friend I mentioned really does have a room full, but, they are not in this country. :cry: :cry: I have to talk him out of one or two and then do about a mile of paperwork including the Customs people. :wink: The real fly in the ointment is he has to go there personally to take things out. While I'm waiting I'll have a look around and let you know what I find. 8)

-
Thanks! :D

azski

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Rest in Peace Federal
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
leid, are these personal possessions? Nice equipment, I'm glad to see someone take more than a passing interest. When I get mine remanufactured I hope it looks that good.

Welcome to our little corner of the world, leid. :) :) :)

-

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hi Federal,
Yes, these are tranferables I have managed to pick up. MP40 was amnesty registered in '68 and the Colt M1918 came back as returned "Lend-Lease" and registered in '58. Barrel, receiver, and bolt are British Proof marked and are in nice shape. This would indicate that it probably survived WW2 in the hands of the British Home Guard. Info came from FOIAs and conversations with NFA Branch.
Still patiently looking for a nice tranferable USGI M14. I have missed out on several in the last couple of years.
Carey

·
Rest in Peace Federal
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm familiar with the Lend Lease deal, leid, we have a Thompson that made the trip. Stuff looks really fine hope you have fun with'm. Thanks a bunch for shareing them with us. :D :D :D :D :D

-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.