M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Tannerite, not really trying to scare them away as much as I am trying to dispose of them. I'd rather not have a group of guys that just got embarrassed coming back with a worse attitude and p!ssed off. Just deal with it the first go around.

Reactions: 1100 tac

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Sometimes going medieval works!

Mounting the heads of a few looters on sticks and displaying them at appropriate locations around your property will usually deter the casual looters, now the hard core looters might be a little more worried about a few 50cal BMG M-2's,

·
Registered
443 Posts
Eliminating entrances by bording up doors and windows so that there is only one entrance and exit is much easyer to defend. You can also make that entrance even easyer to defend by making it into a hallway so that there is no cover, even animals won't go into a area that has no cover.

Also go mid evil on looters! Placing sharpened sticks around the entrances at a minimum will show that you mean business. The more you can make your home into a fortress the less people will want to mess with you.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Er, I think the word you're looking for is medieval. RNGR1

Also go mid evil on looters! Placing sharpened sticks around the entrances at a minimum will show that you mean business. The more you can make your home into a fortress the less people will want to mess with you.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
You left yourself wide open for that one . "A goldilocks like mid-evil" ROFLMAO

Reactions: spartin

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Nothing scares a looter more than.............................A WARNING SHOT CENTER MASS!!!............and yes it's fun, the targets are the same size and shape as actual human beings!!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Shoot the first one, nail him to a tree and hang a sign around his neck that says "looter".

Giving him a blood eagle or a Colombian necktie adds to the effect.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Multiple trip wires that set off shotgun blanks are a good start around the perimeter. I couldn't sleep unless there was at least some form of early warning. It would be useful in protecting a garden from thieves as well.

I'm also a big fan of setting up my motion lights in a layout that does not trigger them until the offender is well within the circle of light. It's one thing to set off a light in the dark, quite another to be caught in it WHILE trying to run or make a move. Those circuits are hooked up to solar and battery too.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My thoughts coincide with ray55. Decapitate the first few looters and pike their heads in visible areas. Hang some from trees. Most people will stay well clear of anyplace they see such atrocity. I'm sure there will be a few brave souls who will still try their luck, but there won't be nearly as many looters to worry about in the long run.

It is very harsh and brutal, but that is what the world will be. I believe that if you can't be ruthless, you will be a victim. As Colonel Kurtz said, you must be able to utilize horror. You need to be moral, yet at the same time able to use your primordial instincts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts