M14 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Many members may not like it or agree, but it could be a requirement to post in that section to be a premium member.
There are better ways to fix the issue than ruin it for everyone. You don't punish the masses for a few idiots

·
Registered
270 Posts
There are better ways to fix the issue than ruin it for everyone. You don't punish the masses for a few idiots
That's very true. I don't even know what it involves being a premium member. Or what it cost. Yeah, this would punish way too many upstanding members for the actions of a limited few. Post count would probably be the best way to try to stop it. But it's going to happen no matter what is done. So let's just keep reporting them and only deal with trusted members as has been mention before many times.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Many members may not like it or agree, but it could be a requirement to post in that section to be a premium member.
Nonsense!! It's all sites that that have a marketplace sections especially wtb. The mountain bike site that I'm on also has that problem in wtb, with scammers also from Nigeria and other 3rd world shi&#holes around the world, and we're a small site. That site is also privately owned with no membership or premium b.s. There is also a lot more money spent on that site than here. The owner of the site bans at least 4-5 scammers a day, the rest are caught by the members. Anytime money flows, these crapheads will be around. -Lloyd 🍻

·
Registered
106 Posts
I won't use WTB anymore. Only replies are scammers . Maybe take away the required stated amount to spend , then they won't waste their time

·
Registered
182 Posts
I won't use WTB anymore. Only replies are scammers . Maybe take away the required stated amount to spend , then they won't waste their time
I think it would help a lot to get rid of ROE #6 especially on more expensive items it just makes you a target for scammers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been receiving nothing but scammers since posting a WTB. Now, my PX privileges seem to have been removed because I simply don't post enough on this site. Is what it is I guess. I just don't spend my life online.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think the idea of posting a picture of the item to be sold, with a handwritten message containing the date, buyer and sellers username, et al would be a good start. As much as I hate technology (or rather our growing dependence on it as a society and the way it’s ruining tradition and culture), another good safeguard is literally FaceTiming or otherwise video chatting with the person as they box them item up at the place it’s to be sent, with an employee there informed about the situation and that you’re asking them to act as a witness of sorts that it is indeed being sent, and not transferring the money until the item has been boxed while you watch, labeled, and ready to be sent. With the item in the employees hands, you watch them pay for shipping, they get the receipt, you send the money. If the money doesn’t come , you can say hold on wait don’t send that. Technical problems here can be avoided by test sending $1. There are of course still ways to be scammed here, but I really think this is a solid step.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hello,
I'm, sorry. But, that is funny...

"Hey, USPS/UPS/FedEx worker would you like to come over here and verify this firearm part for me on video. Before, I pay and send it"... It will not get on the truck. Let alone publicizing my personal business in a crowded lobby... at the post office or where ever you send packages from. There are some things; no one needs to know about. May as well, write in big letters "Gun parts enclosed" "Free for the taking".

I don't think so. Bad, ideal in my opinion... But, what do I know.
Not, trying to give you a hard time but that's a dumb ideal.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello,
I'm, sorry. But, that is funny...

"Hey, USPS/UPS/FedEx worker would you like to come over here and verify this firearm part for me on video. Before, I pay and send it"... It will not get on the truck. Let alone publicizing my personal business in a crowded lobby... at the post office or where ever you send packages from. There are some things; no one needs to know about. May as well, write in big letters "Gun parts enclosed" "Free for the taking".

I don't think so. Bad, ideal in my opinion... But, what do I know.
Not, trying to give you a hard time but that's a dumb ideal.
I did it with ammo, at a shipping business that dealt w multiple carriers. I should’ve clarified. Not as dumb as I may have made it sound

also, I misspoke. I had them verify it was a package going to where it was supposed to go to. I verified w the buyer in the video chat before I walked in w the box what it was. I was typing quickly because I was about to do something IRL. My fault. Its not as dumb an idea* as the ideal* of blind trust with no precautions

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hello,
Well, now.
Good luck selling anything here, once you have your 50 post(you're almost there).
With that said. I'll take Mark Twain's advice on this one. And, say good night.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I did it with ammo, at a shipping business that dealt w multiple carriers. I should’ve clarified. Not as dumb as I may have made it sound
Hello,
Well, now.
Good luck selling anything here, once you have your 50 post(you're almost there).
With that said. I'll take Mark Twain's advice on this one. And, say good night.
I’m resigned to the fact that this likely isn’t the avenue by which I’ll sell that particular item. That doesn’t bother me too much, as I’m actually finding the forum to be quite an engaging place ! It’s nice to be accused of things like potential scammer Instead of IDF shill, lol. Night !

21 - 31 of 31 Posts