M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 day old post in the “want to buy” sub-forum. Received this new conversation in response Saturday afternoon.

Note the join time stamp. At the time of the message join date showed 1 minute ago.

Received another response conversation just over a half hour ago.

Time stamp says this guy joined 36 minutes ago!

Poor syntax in both and similar email address format in both; two first names followed by a 3 digit number. All for a part that’s worth about a $100.

Thanks but no thanks “buddy”. Beware.

Still looking for the FAL part BTW.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts

Here's another just now. Just registered and I'm his 1st post in a private conversation. They're getting more frequent.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,789 Posts
Both were taken care of.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,789 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You might want to put a governor on what "new" users car do. Like 25 post before being able to PM members, 50 before posting or replying in PX/BX/WTS. There was a way at one time in my Forums that they couldn't even see those sections until they passed probation.

FWIW

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You might want to put a governor on what "new" users car do. Like 25 post before being able to PM members, 50 before posting or replying in PX/BX/WTS. There was a way at one time in my Forums that they couldn't even see those sections until they passed probation.

FWIW
Absolutely! They should also be meaningful posts and not just space fillers.

·
Registered
871 Posts

FWIW
There is ways around even that. Notice how some will post like crazy within a couple days just to achieve the current 30 post requirement to post WTS. Caught one that was posting a nice M1A relatively cheap that was copied from another site and was even one of the top 3 posters for the month. Once called out about his listing, he fell off the radar and was later banned.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I don't know. That's a pretty high bar. I'm not sure I can make it. :p
Then anyone under 100 post requires moderator approval before replying or posting in that section.

I would rather they not even be able to see those section until first step in what ever you want to call the progression steps as user/member.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I got the same messages about a grip I’m looking for. Seemed fishy so I ignored em
Try reporting them instead of ignoring them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Whoever it was that banned Gray Marl ... THANK YOU !!

This person sent me a email addy and said this dude had a stock for sale. He sent photos and it had a 2 pc hand guard i.e. Garand.

Questioned him yeah yeah its what you need. Quick Google search turned up the exact photo on worth point.

Called him out .... not a peep.

A crook trying to scam me.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Are they from the U.S. or foreign shores?

There must be an internet magnet to this site.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,128 Posts
There must be an internet magnet to this site.
I'm gonna guess because most AR/AK/SKS/many other rifles' stuff is relatively cheap except the high end stuff of course, but a M14 stock can be $250 - $500 easily and parts are routinely hundreds of dollars, it's good rakin' for scammers because some have figured out what the parts are worth.
m14brian

1 - 20 of 31 Posts