M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The Navy pitched that idea a couple years ago. It was around the same time when they erased everyone’s rate and everyone became a generic PO1, CPO, etc. That lasted a short time and then they realized how stupid of an idea it was. I think they ditched the civilian to equal qualification Sailor idea too because I have’t heard or seen anything about it since. In that year, my job title changed three times. The good idea fairies tend to make decisions without anyone’s input and it seems to usually backfire on them.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I apologize if I offend anyone. Our civilian and military leadership are not the greatest. We have outstanding military personnel but when the people in charge are out for themselves we become soft. When that happens it's a virus that seeps into everything we do. They will save there own hide at the expense of blood. I don't want this. My SON is a Marine. I actually care very much. If things don't change soon the softness will change it for us.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Gets some contractors to operate in a bunker stateside if you need some skills. But people wearing the uniform should go through the traditional Marine Corps training.

Prior serving Marines might work but that's because they were already properly 'indoctrinated'.

·
Registered
405 Posts
A Good Read....
With all respect due to the guy whose progeny is going back to riding camels and to you sir.

I don't buy it. We ain't camel riders. We are constitutional republicans (that's right, small "r"). We let everybody vote. We let everybody go to church, temple, mosque, or not, as they choose. Best of all, we let EVERYBODY get rich . . . if they want to. The most brainless puckheads in the world show up here penniless and in a generation or less (or more) they own the place. That's a tough game plan to kill off in 240 years. I'm not saying it's immortal, I'm just saying I do not buy into doom saying prophecies about this country from some stinking potentate from some desert kingdom that would not exist but for oil deposits under the sands.

I loathe those people and you should also. They believe in and practice slavery. They believe in religious hegemony. They accept female circumcision as acceptable behavior. They are savages. So they drive Mercedes' and Land Rovers. Big deal. More evidence of their stupidity. Lexus is the only folks that know how to build a dependable luxury car.

The next time they swear in new citizens at the federal court near you go and watch. Listen to what they swear, "I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen."

Sure, some of them have their fingers crossed, but most of them don't. Most of them are looking forward to watching their kids go to medical school, voting, and driving Lexuses and best of all not having to hide their daughters in the basement b/c it's the prophet's birthday.

Reactions: 11e40

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Well in my 70 years I believe things are going to sh---t in this country. I remember alot better times. I have been to swear ins of new citizens. My wife is one of them. And I don't believe it is the people in this country new or born here. I believe it is the corrupt politician's and the corrupt system they have created. As for who said it, I don't care. The truth is the truth, facts are facts and history is history. You have missed the whole point if your take away was all about who said this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts