M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting 2 of them for my 2 youngster kids. The marlin 915y is just yoyo big, heavy for them. Was going to order a couple crickets until I found the rascals. The crickets just don't seem to hold a candle. All around the savage just feels better. Anyone have experience with them? Other than the rear sight, I don't see any questionable parts.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Have you looked at the Savage Steven's Favorite ?
Cool little Falling Block
I believe it loads and fires a lot easier than the Rascal
And in my humble opinion; A much nicer looking Rifle
Just my $0.02

·
Registered
928 Posts
I actually picked up a pink rascal already. Working perfect for her. I admit that I have fun with it too though!
If she's happy, that's 99% of the battle
I think it's so cool that you're getting your Kids started shooting early

When I was a Kid (3 yrs old), I shot my Father's Winchester 72 Target, Single Shot with CBCaps, long before I was old enough to shoot 22lrs at a (real) Range
In Grade School, a friend had a little Remington (#1 or 2 ?) Rolling Block 22 that I loved shooting too, and I've always wanted one....But now they are too costy for a used little Plinker
So I started looking at the Steven's Fav

·
Registered
928 Posts
I got one for my son a month ago, he's 7, and loves. Great rifle for a child to start with. Now he wants to put a scope on it and make it a sniper rifle. Have no clue where he gets that from
Yeah, that would be cool
Put a Bull Barrel and a nice little 3X32 Tactical on it....
A Baby Savage 10FP

·
Registered
547 Posts
Working the gunshop scene in the past couple of years, I have sold both Rascals and Crickets. It seems the Rascal has a couple of extra features like the accu-trigger.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it's got several more. Accutrigger, cocking on open, extractor. It's a very nice gun for her. The peep sights are a huge help for her. She shoots it much better than the marlin. Better fit, sight picture go a long way.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got one to let my grandkids practice. Takes some patience getting zeroed as there are no index marks so there is a bit of guess work when you loosen the sight screws. Other than that minor issue, it is great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.