M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon after I tore my rotator cuff, I decided I needed a project to work on while I recovered. Trading for a SAI Standard with all commercial parts I spents some time working on it in spite of being "one armed". I replaced the walnut stock with a SAI fiberglass, "rigidized" it with aluminum bar stock, glass bedded it using the coat hanger method. Installed a Sadlak TN gas piston & NM spring guide. Neither I nor the rifle like the 147 grain surplus loads. Fired 01/02.2011 at 100 yards, the group to the right of the x-ring are 168 grain HPBT over 39.0 grains of CMR-100 surplus. The three holes to the left are DAG-93. I think I'll keep it

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Looks good to me, I guess that coat hanger method works pretty good.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Looks like your work on rifle coupled with your ability are a nice match.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Wow, wonder what you could do with two good arms !! You didn't say which shoulder, and if it is your shooting shoulder ? I am starting to have a lot of trouble with mine and retrieving my wallet is a real chore. No, not like that guys, it hurts physically.

The group on the right, casting out the one loose one for wincing, and one for a called break, and one just plain busted low, I would call that a one inch group, to maybe one and a quarter, quite impressive for a convalescing man.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Great work. I gotta say, I love my 22" standard.
I had CePilot unitize my GC and re-work my TG and I get 1 MOA on mine.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
That injury can be a painful recovery. My buddy had his dominant side RC operated back in August, he's just now getting muscle tone back. So good luck there; maybe you're younger. It helps. Looks like you have a good rifle.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Wow, wonder what you could do with two good arms !! You didn't say which shoulder, and if it is your shooting shoulder ? I am starting to have a lot of trouble with mine and retrieving my wallet is a real chore. No, not like that guys, it hurts physically.

The group on the right, casting out the one loose one for wincing, and one for a called break, and one just plain busted low, I would call that a one inch group, to maybe one and a quarter, quite impressive for a convalescing man.
Shooting in a T-shirt with no shoulder pad will do that to us older guys......think it's time to admit that ya just need to break down and get a USMC shooting jacket?GI2

fkienast...... I like your "no Quit" attitude!!!! by the looks of the target, it paid off in spades!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts