M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a Sarco M1 Garand receiver? I am thinking about buying one for a build that I want to do. Or is there anyone with a receiver they want to part with?

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know if Sarco is selling lithgow or cai receivers. I did not think about that. I don't want one of those. I want USGI. As long as it is in good shape. I don't like the wait from the CMP. They take forever. I ordered some slings and they took 2 months just to call me about them.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
If you meet the requirements for the CMP, they have stripped SA receivers for $195 and $9.95 shipping. The product description is: RM1RECSAB - M1 Garand stripped receiver, SA (Springfield Armory) manufacture, recently refinished and parkerized, some minor pitting may be present both above and below the wood line. Caliber, manufacturer and serial number on heel of receiver may be difficult to read.

I guy I used to work with went with me to the Anniston store and bought a receiver, barrel and stock set. He's since built a complete Garand that's as good as any new rifle I've seen. His receiver had a few small pits (under wood line) and all marking were sharp.

(Sorry, slow typist...didn't see above posts.)

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
CMP is getting faster. I called them to get a letter of verification on a collector-grade H&R Garand two weeks ago and it arrived on Friday. That's much faster service than I've ever gotten from them. $200 is a great price for the genuine article.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.