M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a SAK barrel today and Iam not for sure what the SAK stands for? The man also has a TRW barrel too. Iam thinking about buying both or at least the TRW. The SAK is new and the TRW is in very good cond. He also had some bolts , didn't get to look at them yet. Also, is the SAK barrels pretty good?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes, SAK barrels are considered the best, or one of the best for GI barrels. TRW is right up there as well. Any GI barrel for that matter is a good one. How much is he asking? Was this at a show?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. 125 does seem like a good price, so Iam going to round up the money tomorrow and also take a look at some of the other stuff he's got. I've been beating the bushes around here for the last 6 months ( since Iam a local tractor-trailer driver and run a 200 mile radius) I've stopped in every darn gun shop I can get in with a truck looking for M14 parts and today it finally payed off. :p I think he may have some other parts you guys may be interested in so I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, warbird you noticed I never told where they are (yet). :D Sure sounds like I better get on them pretty quick. :wink: I may have to sell some of my other parts so I can get my project rifle this spring (hope to get a Fulton Armory ). 8)

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
boomer said:
Hey, warbird you noticed I never told where they are (yet). :D Sure sounds like I better get on them pretty quick. :wink: I may have to sell some of my other parts so I can get my project rifle this spring (hope to get a Fulton Armory ). 8)
Yeah man,get those barrels real quick because that's a once in a lifetime deal for sure.
I didn't really need a barrel.I have 3 on the way.I have a M1A with excessive headspace and I'll put a TRW barrel on it.

warbird out

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Boomer:

Congrats!!! Good move! The other day I lucked out and got my order in just as CMP closed the M14 parts section down and the Op Rods arrived today!

So, I got lucky as well! Why am I writing this here? Because both were SAK op rods! How cool!

Looks like you are going to be having a GREAT Christmas!!!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, I just couldn't stand to see those barrels sitting there with no owner :wink: Hey Dig I also picked up a couple of NIW OM op rods. :D and about three bolts . The only bad thing now is the wife will had to do with out Christmas but what the heck sacrifices have to be made. :lol:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I was thinking about letting her have one of my old op rods for Christmas . I mean shoot weve been married 20 years as of last week and I gave 20 roses ,took her out to eat I ,what more could she want? :wink:

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
boomer said:
Well, I was thinking about letting her have one of my old op rods for Christmas . I mean shoot weve been married 20 years as of last week and I gave 20 roses ,took her out to eat I ,what more could she want? :wink:
1 long quite night together and she might be so spell bound she'll forget what you did. :lol:

warbird out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.