M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I was at Mr. Wolfe's shop I asked him to take a look at the chamber on my SAI Scout. As soon as he pulled the bolt back he asked me how it shot. I replied that I didn't know because at the time I had just replaced several parts and hadn't had a chance to get to the range. He said that it looked like the barrel was out of time but he would need to examine it more closely to be sure.

This seemed like a reasonable assumption to me as I had been replacing parts because I could not get it to group well at all. As soon as I got home I gave Springfield a call and within ten minutes I had shipping label in my inbox. So I shipped the gun off and not so patiently waited for a reply.

Luckily I didn't have to wait long. I had it back in my grubby little paws in less than two weeks after they received it. Apparently there was a problem after all. I have my gun back with a brand new barrel and it has been test shot. Now I don't know what distance they were shooting from but the group looked decent. So far SAI gets a thumbs up from me! But the proof will be in the shooting.

Now I really have to get out to the range soon. I have this gun back from SAI, that new build from Jon Wolfe and a Garand with some new internals. All needing to be tried out. So many guns, so little time. Soon...

Geez, just realized how long this post had become. Sorry about that. As a reward, here's a crappy pic of the Scout for sticking it out this far.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Good deal, glad to hear everything worked out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is that Corinthian leather? (just kidding) Glad to hear they took care of you. I love my 2013 M1a Std.

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Good to hear...

I can not comment any further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts