M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know who makes the synthetic stocks by springfield inc? the reason i ask is becuse i just bought a usgi stock from the px and im comparing it to the one that came with my rifle. well they look the same except for some kind of coating or paint. when i saw the coating i thought it was some kind of knockoff sai part. now i think it is a usgi stock with the selector cut filled in. inside the magazine well it has D-3742 GB-2 under that it has DT. if this is usgi, then could i switch the rubber buttplate for the metal one that came on the stock i just bought? thanks jeepguy

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
If you see DT on a synthetic stock, it means it is USGI contract manufacture. It was made by General Tire & Rubber Company in the 1960s. Until mid-2008, Springfield Armory, Inc. would typically coat USGI synthetic stocks with a black color finish and fill in the selector cutout. I say typically because that was the most common variation of synthetic stock for the M1A. They did assemble some M1A rifles with the black crinkle finish without filling in the selector cutout.

Yes, you will be able to swap the rubber butt pad for a USGI butt plate assembly.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Don't forget gentlemen...

We have a PM system.

We like to keep discussions in this forum as on topic as possible.

We talk pure m14 here!GI6

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
cool.

well, i got your "low" aimpoint ring ready to go. nice to see you on here.

cheers!

in regards to your question: i always assumed if it had the selector cut out it is usgi.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
also, about the buttplate. i would say yes, you should be able to swap out the rubber for the metal.....just keep in mind that the top screw is different from the wood to the synthetic stock. the synthetic requires a little spacer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts