M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to have a day to myself, and got to "christen" my new rifle. 22 inch barrel, "loaded", walnut stock.No modifications yet, straight out of the box, cleaned and lubed.
date of birth- November 2010

Range conditions- 50 degrees F @ 0800. Sunny, no wind. a perfect day to shoot.

I started out at 25 yards with iron sights, shooting a little high and left. Of course the allen wrenches in my tool kit didn't have the correct size for the front sight, so I will have to dial her in the next time I shoot.

I was shooting DAG 93, Prvi Partisan, and Federal M1a Match. 160 rounds total in 3 hours, with absolutely no malfunctions.

I moved out to 50 yards, still shooting high and left. I really like the 4.5 lb trigger pull, quite a difference to my Socom II. 3.5 inch groups @ 50 yards.

I shot 80 rounds @ 100 yards. Nothing too accurate. Lots of potential when I get her all dialed in. A few flyers, but most shots within 6.5 inches which I can accept for now.( seeing how I was just farting around) I am looking forward to dressing her up in the JAE stock I bought from NoExpert, and of course adding a Sadlak scope mount and a new scope. These rifles certainly are an addiction, in a good way of course. ( Unless you're my wife, Why do you need so much ammo?)GI6

I will post some pictures once I downsize the files,

Happy shooting to all, and to all a good nightGI6

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pictures

as promised

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I'm jealous. What is all that green stuff in your pictures? ICONSAD

·
Registered
137 Posts
My babay was born in sept 2010 hope she shoots as good as yours!Mine has syn stk trying to get walnut before I shoot her.If next weekend is at least 30 I'm shootin!Love my m1 garands and m1as.I have to get more m1as to match my garands 14 of them. Man I will be broke oh well. Life is GARAND lol!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Thanks for the range report. It is always good to see how others are getting dialed in. I have to add that your range looks like a great place to shoot. You will really enjoy the JAE stock.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I will have to wait until I get home around Valentine's Day. I have my Loaded SA and a new scope and Sadlak to mount. I will need to zero both Iron and Scope so I will probably pick up some more ammo. I am envious of your shooting while I'm reading a good book.
DI5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts