M14 Forum banner

Sage Stocks Really Drop-in's ??

2008 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  philip26p
A friend wants me to put his 16" SOCOM in a Sage stock for him. He has less experience than I do...GI1 Are there any problems that I should be aware of?? I believe I have the tools to disassemble his rifle and was wondering more about any special tools needed for assembly. I have not had a chance to read the instructions yet but he said one place says "some gunsmithing may be required" whatever that means.

Any input from those who have put their M1A's in these would be greatly appreciated.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
913 Posts
No, they are not drop-in stocks. You will need to remove the op-rod guide, which will require flash-suppressor lock nut pliers and a small hex head driver to remove the flash suppressor, a pin punch to remove the op-rod guide pin, and a nylon hammer is also useful.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have all those tools. I had a couple Poly's and a SA loaded and NM a few years ago but other than taking them down for cleaning, I never got into adding mods. The words "some gunsmithing required" scare me almost as much as "some assembly required"...GI1

· Registered
2,447 Posts
In my limited experience the receiver will not drop into the stock. It's more like pound in. You'll need to use an appropriate soft faced device to seat the receiver into the stock.
Best to wait for those with more experience in this matter to chime in.

· In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,869 Posts
heres my video add 20 min for disassembly a nd pounding on the op rod guide and thats all there is to it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTk8ZnPckwM[/ame]

· In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,869 Posts
Grease the contact surfaces before pounding in the receiver.

Tony.
woah you had to pound yours in?

mine was just very tight.

· Registered
3,245 Posts
I recommend cutting off the op rod guide, after about 20 min of pounding on mine I cut it off. I wish I would have just cut it off in the first place, it would have saved me a lot of pounding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.