M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could tell me a little bit about this stock I picked up recently. I picked it up while overseas so I bought it online used. The seller didn't know much about it. I know it's a mod 1 alcs/cv style. The reason I ask is because it looks a lot like the stock in this thread http://m14forum.com/modern-m14/151144-rare-early-sage-ebr-mod-1-usaf-varient.html. What caught my eye was amount of character this stock had and the paint pen on the buffer tube, do they all come marked like this? It's a six bolt cover stock so I won't be keeping it. I was going to just grind it to fit my loaded but then I thought back to all the other things I said would be easy to make work with a little modification. Well they mostly turn out with me spending more money and time than if I would of just bought the right one in the first place. Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Sorry been away for a while meant to reply to your pm, essentially the same chassis mini the fact that yours has the later prepatent roll mark that a lot deeper and a different font that you see in early commercially sold sage chassis, the original air force navy loaned variants were all grey and have the lighter etched roll mark from what I have seen in pictures, the chassis is a precursor to the true mod 1 varients, would make a awesome air force mk14 clone if you send it to me to be reanodized grey, great chassis

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed that the roll marks were more defined on mine and the the stamp in the inside of the stock was e8 or something close to that, there seems to have been a lot of different roll marks used on these over the years. How much does it run to get these reanodized?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.