M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a video or detailed instructions on replacing a Springfield oprod guide with the sage? I've heard some say it was a breaze and some say it was a nightmare. So what say you? GI3

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a video or detailed instructions on replacing a Springfield oprod guide with the sage? I've heard some say it was a breaze and some say it was a nightmare. So what say you? GI3

The process varies depending on the fit of the factory guide and what tools you have to work with. If you have a press available its a breeze. If you don't and the guide is a heavy press fit it will be more challenging but doable, just dont get in a hurry.

Some pics in this thread~

http://m14forum.com/modern-m14/156778-sage-heavy-chassis-install-standard-barrel-pic-heavy.html

·
Registered
891 Posts
It can be tough. Brass punch and a little heat sometimes. I'm going to let Jon Wolfe do it on my new build. when I did it on my socom it was slow progress. I've thought about trying a piece of pipe if I did it again.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've used a piece of PVC water pipe to install. Removal; carefully use a piece of alum. or brass and tap one side to the other back and forth- after you remove the roll pin obviously.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The biggest challenge I had was removing the SA op rod guide. I used a punch and hammer with lots of patience. Taping one side then the other. Heat would've helped but I didn't have a torch available. Installing the Sage op rod guide took me a two minutes tops. Very easy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The process varies depending on the fit of the factory guide and what tools you have to work with. If you have a press available its a breeze. If you don't and the guide is a heavy press fit it will be more challenging but doable, just dont get in a hurry.

Some pics in this thread~

http://m14forum.com/modern-m14/156778-sage-heavy-chassis-install-standard-barrel-pic-heavy.html
That's a pretty helpful thread, thanks. I have a buddy who offered to do mine for me but I really want to do it myself just a little apprehensive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.