M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Bought from Clyde's on Tuesday, arrived Thursday...super fast IMO

It's exactly 2lbs lighter than the mod 0. I like the way it feels very much, although I like the ERGO grip better than the tango down. Taking both to the range this weekend, and do a shootout and see which I overall prefer better and may possibly change out the Mod 0 for another mod 1 or a M4 stock black EBR.

·
Registered
448 Posts

Bought from Clyde's on Tuesday, arrived Thursday...super fast IMO

It's exactly 2lbs lighter than the mod 0. I like the way it feels very much, although I like the ERGO grip better than the tango down. Taking both to the range this weekend, and do a shootout and see which I overall prefer better and may possibly change out the Mod 0 for another mod 1 or a M4 stock black EBR.
if you decide to sell your mod 0 scrach it up a little and mayby add a few dings to it so the price is cheap and give me a pm
and ill buy itMCORPS1
just kidding but if you decide to sell it i would be intrested both are nice but i like the mod 0 a little more

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congratulations

FRG1YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....OORAH!!dance2

Welcome to the brotherhood of owning a Sage EBR.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my 3rd EBR so far and they are getting lighter and lighter.

Sunday morning will be the determinate if I keep both or decide on the mod 1 or mod 0 style

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It looks like you are extending the holidays. Nice score, both of them look great. Congratsl.

·
Registered
42 Posts
OP -

How much does your mod 1 weigh?

No Expert -

Did you have to modify the magpul MIAD grip to fit the Mod 1? If so can you describe what needed to be trimmed?

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ragincajun1919 -

Thank you and that is a very nice looking stick. I hope to have one very similar to it. I already have the stock, just lacking the parts that go bang. I liked the brown mod 1 and knew that those may not be around forever.

Xstatic

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
No Expert -

Did you have to modify the magpul MIAD grip to fit the Mod 1? If so can you describe what needed to be trimmed?

Thanks
If you run the medium or large back strap you'll need to trim it straight back across the top a little then take some material off the curved portion to form it to the Sage. I trimmed and fitted, trimmed and fitted. Took a little bit of time but it was worth it.

The brown looks similar to the EMR 39 brown but it's hard to tell without putting them next to each other. I like the brown also. The original military Mod 1's were Navy Seal Grey.

·
Registered
188 Posts
man i want one of those Sage stocks so bad. Unfortunately I live in Kommiefornia. If Chesty Puller ever reaches down and smacks the courts across the head for me to lift this assualt gun ban we live under here....I will buy one before the friggin ink is dry. Nice job man.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
man i want one of those Sage stocks so bad. Unfortunately I live in Kommiefornia. If Chesty Puller ever reaches down and smacks the courts across the head for me to lift this assualt gun ban we live under here....I will buy one before the freakin ink is dry. Nice job man.
Not to get you too worked up... but I'm in Riverside, CA. It's a pain to get them here but you can get them. Just need to make the appropriate mods to keep it legal. I'll get around to doing them when I get the rifle all together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts