M14 Forum banner

sage mod 0 add on's??

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Sarah Connor 
#1 ·
i am joining the sage ebr crowd and wanted to get a idea of what add on accessorys that you would recommend that work with this setup and what scope mount setup works best
(as in, old school or striper clip mount)

all suggestions appreciated thanks Tim

#3 ·
a lot of the thanks go to you Ragincajun for helping me to join the club and i will look into the larue It608
i dont care much for the looks of the sage cantilever mount but if it works for others i would check it out
i picked up a magpul AFG today to try out, it is a little small for my hand size so i may sell it
is the AFGII any larger than the AFG

#5 ·
What about the AFG felt small? I've tried both and like the AFG2 more. I think they have the same surface area though, the AFG2 just takes up less rail space and doesn't have the "wings". Have you tried it without the little nub that sticks out in the middle?

I also have the RVG which I also like, I'm trying to sort out which I like more still, have to try them both a lot more.

#6 ·
i have to press the front tab or stop into my finger hard to get a full grip on the AFG
im sure it will fill diffrent instaled on the stock just have to try it when the sage gets here
i dont care much for any of the vertical grips
IMO they would be good in a " tactical usage" as in run and gun or room entering/clearing but they dont feal right in target stance or off hand shooting to me

#7 ·
i've tried both the afg 1 & 2. i feel that the 2 is smaller than the 1. i also started with the larue lt608 but didn't like the fact that the rear is free floating over the stripper clip guide and not locked in like the sage with the dog screw and spacer.

good luck and welcome to the club!

from H2OMAN and his m14hdw forum.

I have not taken any measurements yet, but the more involved SAGE
mount appears to sit slightly lower than the LaRure and it reaches
farther back towards the rear sight. The LaRue is a simple rigid rail.

LaRue LT608

Length of usable rail: 5.75"
Weight: 6.8 Oz.

SAGE M14DCSB

Length of usable rail: 6.75"
Weight: 8.8 Oz.

http://m14hdw.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display&thread=482

#8 ·
thanks for the info and link darkjedi351 turns out i am a member on that forum and did not remember joining it
but back to the subject after veiwing the larue lt608 its off the table i would go with the sage cantilever befor the larue

but i still would like to get some feedback on the sage striper clip mount from some that have used it
i am on the fence with it and a standerd side mount

#9 · (Edited)
afg1, longer than the 2

afg2, shorter and has a slightly different rear angle

i still would like to get some feedback on the sage striper clip mount from some that have used it i am on the fence with it and a standerd side mount
like this?

i actually liked the stripper clip mount w/ the badger ebr rings. from what i've seen and read it's the lowest and lightest set up for the sage.
you can use the irons through the holes on the rings too.

i switched to the dcsb so i can switch between optics. i ma switch back though.

#10 · (Edited)
i dont see any diffrence in the afg1 & afg2 other than 3 screws in the afg1 & 4 screws in afg2 i see it now 2 is shorter than 1 so it would be a no go as the afg1 is small in my hand already

and yes thats the kind of info i wanted to know on the stripper clip rail set up and rings to go with it
thatlooks like a good setup to save a few ounces and dollars on the build
after adding a bipod and optics to the mix any savings will be a plusMCORPS1

thanks again darkjedi for your time and info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.