M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i recently purchased an M1a EBR online and i also picked up my trijicon Acog sight. i put it on a GDI mount and i just got back from the range today to sight it in and i had NO LUCK. There were a bunch of army sniper guys there and i asked one to help me out (he was an older guy) After about 20 or so rounds i still had **** luck sighting this thing in. I need some help, I know my mount is sitting really high on the gun, (that is to be expected) this is my first ACOG scope so i might have been doing something wrong but does anyone have any tips, tricks or advice that could help me out. The guy kept telling me that it was shooting way high, so i tried to lower it but i couldn't go any further down (i maxed it out). In the mean time i put a BSA hunting scope on it (this is only until i figure this mess out).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ohh ouch please don't twist it any more, those prism lenses are easily broken on the acogs. Did u tap the adjusters after adjustment? U have to knock on the caps after each adjustment to seat the prism or it will go all wonkey after u shoot. U gotta knock on it like u knock on a door after every adjustment.

·
Registered
131 Posts
To some degree, it's pretty much what your willing to put up with. IMO I think cogs and eotechs belong on m4's. I have both and it just feels more comfortable on AR platform. Aimpoints seem to do well on m14/m1a, that's what I want for my ebr build is a comp m4 and a micro t1 but on a receiver mounted scope mount, none of that foreword scout stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts