M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering making my "M39" a little more clone correct, and one part of that will be a upper handguard with the milled relief cut to fit the SEI side rail. Milling my existing handguard might be cheaper than finding a NSG EMR upper, but I don't know what the dimensions of the relief are. Does anyone had measurements handy or the ability to take some quick measurements?

· Registered
134 Posts
Air gun Trigger Office equipment Machine gun Engineering

Air gun Bumper Trigger Automotive exterior Shotgun

I purchased an EMR hand guard but ended up using a Bassett mount. Those are the measurements I got to give you a starting point or comparison to another members response. I was just eyeing where it looked flush at the receiver area so the numbers should be close.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased an EMR hand guard but ended up using a Bassett mount. Those are the measurements I got to give you a starting point or comparison to another members response. I was just eyeing where it looked flush at the receiver area so the numbers should be close.
Thanks for the pics, seems like it's ~1.1-1.25" or wherever that pic rail section is. Do you know how deep the cut is? Looks like it's to the start of the rail but the angle makes it difficult to eyeball.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts