M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Cherry with probably a stupid question.
Whats the difference between these two stocks? Sage International EMR and EBR.

Thanks Casey

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the EMR can accept a side mounted scope mount/base and the EBR you can't.
Not sure though and wanted to make sure before I bought one.
And thanks. Just getting into M1A's/M14's. Bored with the AR's.

·
Registered
385 Posts
EMR is just part of the acronym for the adopted Marine corp version of the EBR. It's called M39 EMR. the noticeable differences were the modified top rail to accommodate the SEI 2006 scope mount and the M14BEK butt stock extension.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Loaded question Im sure. Given the option which one would you get and why?
Right now all I'm running is a T1 Aimpoint but more than likely I'll be adding magnified optics.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Another difference is the color of its chassis being brown or rustic ionized aluminum during the first production run at Sage and the name deemed as a USMC M39 EMR. I got the stock back in late 2008 and it is now a very scare stock to find and a whole lot of $$$'s when sold. There was a USMC M39 EMR sold for about $1200.00 at one time at an auction site.

Top> Sage USMC M39 EMR
Middle> Sage EBR Mod 1
Bottom> Sage EBR NSG (Navy Grey Seal) or M39 EMR

Photo taken with Flash

Notice the top cover at the rear missing about three or four picatinny rails to except the SEI scope mount as stated from previous members.

Miss Lauren

Reactions: DHTampa

·
Registered
628 Posts
Buying a Sage ALCS and a second top cover will give you the ability to run the chassis in either the M39 EMR or Mk 14 EBR-style configuration. There are other minor differences (butt stock extension, barrel length, etc.) but if you buy the Sage ALCS, you essentially have the same core system used by both military rifles.

See the thread in my signature below - the spreadsheet should answer most of your questions regarding modern M14 configurations.

EDIT: Signature not updating... go here - Modern M14 Spreadsheet

·
Registered
120 Posts
I snapped a few crappy cell phone pics of my M39 build to help maybe illustrate some differences in the M39 stock. I feel like this stock is pretty much an exact "mil spec" USMC M39 EMR stock. FWIW

Here is a pic of the cut out in the top rail along with mounted SEI 2006 scope mount:

Here is a shot of an original silver BEK installed. I like the BEK because it allows you to keep the stock collapsed more (more rigid) for the same length of pull.

Laser engraved numbers on the rails. I have not seen these on civilian Navy Seal Gray Mod 0 stocks.

Now the whole package. Hopefully this helps. If you need to see something specific, let me know and I will try to snap a pic.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Been looking for those rails. Any leads?
Not sure. I bought this stock as you see it so I didn't have to piece it together.

However, have you tried calling Tammy over at Sage and seeing if they have any numbered silver rails laying around? I got a silver milled top cover with numbers from them a year or so ago. I have since sold it but maybe they have a few laying in a parts bin or something. Good luck to you.DI2

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question maybe you guys can help with, hope! I purchased a Sage ebr online from a gun shop in the sticks. They said it had been kicking around their shop for years and had handling marks. So I purchased it with the intent to just strip and Cerakote it change up the black maybe as I have recently been doing coating. As I started to prep for Cerakote I noticed that there are no lightening holes above the mag well and no Sage engraving on it. Ref pic of Air Force Mk 14 SEI https://www.flickr.com/photos/usairforce/7414624728/
I have only seen this style on the Air force (black) and Seals (sniper grey) http://www.tacticalcreek.com/rifle/575/ I appears my Springfield side mount will fit and clear with upper rail installed. However I do not see picatinny cut out on the upper rail like the Marine one mentioned above. Can some one shed light on this? Should I leave it alone? Thanks guys please advise.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.