M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all thanks for reading. Whenever I have a question 90% of my google searches lands me here so hopefully someone can have some suggestions. On other threads I was reading about the sage op rod guide and people making it fit into their original stocks. I can do the same, but the problem I'm encountering is the vltor cluster rail that came with my socom II has a piece that attaches to the original op rod guide and is incompatible with the sage guide. I have a few ideas, but none of them is ideal. First idea. Try to find two "L" brackets that I can screw to the bottom of the vltor rail and then drill a hole on the side to fit the screws through the sage op rod guide. Another idea is ditching the vltor rail and getting a front band and handguard. I'm not too keen on this idea as it would require removing the gas system, but also I'm not sure the front band would need to be removed before putting the barreled action back into the EBR. If I can keep the front band on with my EBR I might go that route, but I'm open for suggestions and help

Thanks

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Hey all thanks for reading. Whenever I have a question 90% of my google searches lands me here so hopefully someone can have some suggestions. On other threads I was reading about the sage op rod guide and people making it fit into their original stocks. I can do the same, but the problem I'm encountering is the vltor cluster rail that came with my socom II has a piece that attaches to the original op rod guide and is incompatible with the sage guide. I have a few ideas, but none of them is ideal. First idea. Try to find two "L" brackets that I can screw to the bottom of the vltor rail and then drill a hole on the side to fit the screws through the sage op rod guide. Another idea is ditching the vltor rail and getting a front band and handguard. I'm not too keen on this idea as it would require removing the gas system, but also I'm not sure the front band would need to be removed before putting the barreled action back into the EBR. If I can keep the front band on with my EBR I might go that route, but I'm open for suggestions and help

Thanks
Im a little confused USN3, do you have a ebr stock or a VLtoe cluster rail? you cant have both, the ebr has its own top rail that attaches to the ebr chassis and the vltor cluster rail had a u clamp around the op rod and fits most gi stocks, are you trying to combine a vltor rail with a EBR chassis? if so WHY? if it has its own rail

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
he wants to switch from sage chassis to vltor and gi stock...

sounds like WAY more trouble than its worth..

My whole reasoning behind making a sage guide compatible GI stock was to drop weight. I woudlnt want to use a vltor rail.

If i want a rail i will use my sage.

just sell the vltor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.