M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a soldier in Afghanistan on the Milsurp forum with a M14 in a Sage EBR that's having a problem getting his TG out of the stock. I'm not a Sage guy so don't have much to offer. The only item that he had to offer was that the hammer was cocked.

I directed him here, but maybe someone can lend him a hand?

http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=27517#axzz19FDMwZBc

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
mercman, shoot him this info:

"Check the pin for the mag release to see if it's slipped out a little and blocking the trigger guard. You can probably carefully slip a flat blade screw driver in there from the magwell and push it back in to get the guard to swing open. A trigger group I had did this a few times before I replaced the mag release pin."

I posted this the other day for a guy and it was the issue.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NoExpert, Thanks, man! I'll forward it right now.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Most of the EBRs that we have built have very tight trigger lockups. In the -10 suppliment that was issued with the rifle there is a picture showing how to use a cleaning rod in the hole in the trigger rod to get enough leverage to pry the trigger guard up. Anything that will fit in the hole will work to include some 550 cord looped through it to keep your fingers out of the way when it comes loose.

The deployed IPs will always show a stateside address as that is where the gateway is and all ping data is suppressed from there on.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks for the info! I have had some IPs show Iraq before, but I don't remember seeing Afganistan...

The bulk of Michael11b's post is as follows:

http://www.milsurps.com/member.php?u=17012

... "After getting back from rnr a few days ago, i sat down to clean my EBR (MK14 mod0) and i cannot get the trigger guard to swing all the way out. According to the armorer "no one touched it brah". My spotter and I both tried to yank it out, but at the halfway or so mark it just stops, and any extra pressure to try to move it just starts to bend it. The hammer was cocked while we worked on it.

Any suggestions? I appreciate any help as i use this rifle everyday and can't afford to have it go down on me at a bad time...trying to get back home to the wife and family..."

So. Why didn't the armorer sort it? Perhaps they weren't face to face at the time? I've no idea!

·
Registered
32 Posts
If it's a .mil account it will show the US. I'm on a company server now and it'll show my actual location. I love getting spam that says "Horny girls waiting for you now in Baghdad".

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Works!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey fellas, made an account to say thanks. Sorry to leave anyone hanging, been in the field for the last 4 or 5 days.

The pin worked itself about halfway out. I had to grab the mag release with a gerber and wiggle it a bit, along with some prying, to get it back in. All back to normal, cleaned, and working like a charm. Took a few shots at 800+ meters this week, all right on the money.

Thanks again, will drop in when i can.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Welcome Mike, sounds like you need to educate your armorers over there. Stay safe and come back and tell us some war stories in our sub forum with war in the title.

P.S. Get them to order another pin or two and replace the one thats in there, or stake it on the sides to prevent walking out again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts