M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a M14ALCS EBR Stock W/Adjustable Stock & Cheek Rest for my Scout Squad. Just want some opinions about the Scout reciever/barrel dropping in the EBR stock.

Semper fi

Joe

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
You'll need to change out the op rod guide with the supplied op rod guide block. It can be a little bit of a PITA. The crush washer doesn't crush so you'll need to file it to fit or have Patriot Armory 308 make you a custom shim for your rifle, I had him make me one and it's very nice compared to the crush washer. You should have a torque driver for installing all the screws on the Sage (65 in-lbs).

These are some basics to get you going.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll need to change out the op rod guide with the supplied op rod guide block. It can be a little bit of a PITA. The crush washer doesn't crush so you'll need to file it to fit or have Patriot Armory 308 make you a custom shim for your rifle, I had him make me one and it's very nice compared to the crush washer. You should have a torque driver for installing all the screws on the Sage (65 in-lbs).

These are tome basics to get you going.
Thank you for the info, much appreciated!

Joe

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Since you have a scout, you'll also need to ditch the forward rail, if you haven't done so already. Forgot to add you'll need a good set of castle nut pliers to get the flash suppressor off (unless you have a direct connect setup), and a gas lock wrench (or two) is good to have on hand.

Their directions are pretty good, pay attention to the red dot on the op rod guide block since it really matters, it goes towards the muzzle.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just dropped my scout into the an EBR Chasis a few weeks ago & cannot really add much more than Noexpert except the Op Rod block was an SOB to get off. I ended up using a dremel to cut it off, which took all about 2 mins. My buddy put his socom 16 into an ebr last week and he had to use my dremel for the same thing. Otherwise, scout fits without any issues into the stock perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Just last week i put my Scout in an EBR. For sure, removal of the original guide is a pain. I layed a block of brass against the guide and smacked it with a hammer repeatedly to get it off. The new one went on with aluminum pipe around the barrel and squarely smacking after being sure of the alignment. Best advise... be patient.

And yeah, that crush washer does not crush at all. I did end up flipping my gas lock over so it would start torqing tight at about 4:30. Gonna shoot a few more rounds to be sure but I'll probly end up getting a solid .087 shim from Patriot Armory 308. That'll put my gas plug torqing about 3/4 turn after it touches the piston. That has worked out real well so far.

Hope that info helps a bit. Good luck with the build! BIGTHUMPUP

·
Registered
222 Posts
Take some 600 grit sand paper and lightly buff the barrel to help the new guide rid on a little easier. Use some clp as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.