M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All kidding aside folks. Had the EBR out to my local range and while shooting I noticed that the side rails that hold the shoulder butt are loose. The side rails move up and down about 1/16th of an inch. While looking at the barrel in the gun vise this slight up and down wobble will cause the muzzle to rise and fall about 1/2 inch. It seems to effect groups badly. When I hold it tight and pull down on the scope groups tighten up to about 1.5 inches. Is there any way to get rid of this side rail slop. One other thing, I have noticed that my Norenco likes to shoot dirty. When the barrel has been cleaned well with WipeOut or BoreTech the rifle shoots first groups like stink, no group at all. Finally after 10 rounds or so she settles down and the groups start to form. Anybody else see this trend as well in their M14 Sage EBRs?

NGR4

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Some guns just shoot better with a fouled bore. If you remove the action from stock, it will most likely need a few rounds to settle back in. As far as the wobbling rails, I think it's got more to do with leverage and clearance. The latch is held up by a rather weak spring but should engage the slots tightly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.