M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I updated my M14 to Sage EBR chassy couple of weeks ago. Everything fits nicely, but the problem is loose crush washer between the barrel and gas cylinder. I think it's causing some vertical stringing. I tried to put a pile of shims under the washer, but the washer gets flat and give up quite soon. So, I'd need a better solution to this problem. Any good ideas for a non-flattening spacer or o-ring?

BR: Olavirta

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,021 Posts
I'd contact Sage directly to get the authentic correct part, but if you live in CA forget about them sending you even a screw or washer, even through one of their vendors. At least that's the way it used to be. Myself and No Expert have been there done that and aren't happy. :cautious:
m14brian

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
It's not likely that the spacer being loose is causing vertical stringing. Is the set screw in the top front of the hand guard in contact with the barrel? It requires some adjustment to get the best accuracy from the SAGE stock system.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's tiny gap between the barrel and whip screw. I used a strip of bussiness card to adjust the screw, the barrel is MW criterion NM.

Today I modifid couple of stainless spring-steel shims. I had to slightly tap the gas lock to correct position. After ten rounds the gas cylinder stayed in place. Also the gas lock starts to get tight in 5.30 position and can be tightened by hand to 6.00.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts