M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have one and installed in my EBR. It makes contact with the clip guide insert. It helps adjust the scope mount (up or down) which allows you to make it level. By screwing down it will push the mount up.

I strongly recommend torquing the nuts of the two QD levers making it a tighter grip. Not Kung Foo death grip tight though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That damn screw will not budge, even with the small secure screw out. Is there a knack to these ?
I am guess the last person tried tightening without loosening the secure screw

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Okay, update the rifle holds a good center group from 100 yards. The issue is the pin is not touching the base so the mount can move when I push my thumb on it. I can't leave it like that.
Bad news and I think I have solved the issue why that vertical screw wont move for love nor money. The small horizontal capture screw upon looking down the hole with a flashlight I can see some mangled up metal, which I am thinking the horizontal screw has sheared off a little and lodged on the vertical screw.

Looks as though I have not other choice but to drill and re tap a thread :<

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Call sage. I messed around with mine for months and couldn't get to work right. When I called, they had me send it in and replaced it in less than a week. Turned out to be some incorrectly aligned holes. 100% on cranking down on the rail levers and barely making contact with the rail screw. It was very hard to get enough down elevation on mine (scared the crap out of some of the guys at the range) until I got the fix from SAGE. There are a lot of variables in this mount that I didn't understand until I talked to them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Call sage. I messed around with mine for months and couldn't get to work right. When I called, they had me send it in and replaced it in less than a week. Turned out to be some incorrectly aligned holes. 100% on cranking down on the rail levers and barely making contact with the rail screw. It was very hard to get enough down elevation on mine (scared the crap out of some of the guys at the range) until I got the fix from SAGE. There are a lot of variables in this mount that I didn't understand until I talked to them.
I did and again they have bailed me out, first with a new op rod guide block, and now
they are sending me a replacement rail free of charge (I just pay carriage).
I just need to swap the levers over. I mean how good is that ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts