M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my build, all went well and now I have a minor problem. The screw at the 12 oclock postion at the front that reduces barrel whip will not screw down to barely touch the barrel. Man, after I backed off the set screw and attempted to adjust this screw, it got tighter than hell and liked about a little over a 1/16th to touch the barrel. I wonder why this is so damn tight? You would have thought you could adjust it, then tighten the set crew at the 3 oclock postion to lock the adjustment. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have run into quite a few of those. Make sure that the locking screw on the right side of the chassis is completely out and then remove the barrel whip screw completely from the chassis. Clean it up with a tap as some times there is a burr that causes binding. If you don't have a tap, lube the screw good and work it in and out and this will sometimes clear the burr out. If the screw is already locked up tight and stripped out your only alternative will be to return the stock to Sage for replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.