M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have just got my Sage EBR mod 0 stock in from the Fedex man! I am really excited about this build. I definitely want to mount a scope on this rifle but, I would like to see what others opinions might be on the following mounting options.

I want to retain use of the iron sights, or be able to easily take the scope off to access the irons. There are four options that I am considering. Has anyone used these options, or have an opinion on these.... I would love to hear it.

1. Use Badger EBR rings so that I can mount the scope on the stripper clip piece for the Sage and be able to use the hole through the rings for iron sights. How good can you see through the hole in these rings?

2. Use a SEI scope mount. I should be able to see through the channel in the mount for the irons.

3. Use the Sage Detachable Cantilevered Sight Base… This looks like a good option, but I weary of how far this goes back to the stripper clip guide area. This mount would allow me to remove the mount easily to use the iron sights.

4. Use a Larue Tactical LT-608 mount. This is very similar to the Sage detachable mount. I have used other Larue mount and their quality seems to be very good. This mount would allow me to remove the mount easily to use the iron sights.

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
509 Posts
i've used the badger ebr rings and the sage dcsb.

the badger rings will be the lightest and will mount the lowest.
make sure your rings are level. i had to remove some material from the sage top cover to get them even. wheeler makes a great tool for this.

the sage dcsb is the easiest if you want qd optics but does put the optic up more.

trying to be able to use the optics with a scope is over rated. get another rifle if you want both. just my .02
been there and have spent way too much money trying to have the best of both worlds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts