M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, not sure if this the right section to ask this but, my wife bought me a standard M1A and i have always wanted to put in a sage ebr mod1 stock. I have been doing all the research on all of the pieces that i need to buy for it but something is bugging me. i will be getting a Magpul PRS stock to attach to the ebr and the buffer tube is just your standard tube and i was thinking about replacing it with an Enidine recoil reducer. I was thinking that it wouldn't work because the PRS meets up with the rifle and wouldn't allow the stock to travel back and forth, but so does the Magpul UBR and people use the recoil reducer with that. Also if any body has any pics of an ebr with a PRS that would be great, kind of like to see what it would like. Thanks

·
Banned
253 Posts
I would wait because I think I read something about SAGE offering a bolt-on PRS2 butt stock assembly after the first of the year.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Check this out.........

Hello all, not sure if this the right section to ask this but, my wife bought me a standard M1A and i have always wanted to put in a sage ebr mod1 stock. I have been doing all the research on all of the pieces that i need to buy for it but something is bugging me. i will be getting a Magpul PRS stock to attach to the ebr and the buffer tube is just your standard tube and i was thinking about replacing it with an Enidine recoil reducer. I was thinking that it wouldn't work because the PRS meets up with the rifle and wouldn't allow the stock to travel back and forth, but so does the Magpul UBR and people use the recoil reducer with that. Also if any body has any pics of an ebr with a PRS that would be great, kind of like to see what it would like. Thanks
You will find this old thread interesting.........Plz read on.

http://m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=66173&highlight

http://sageebr.com/2010/07/26/sage-ebr-snap-shot5.aspx

·
Registered
44 Posts
First of all what goes on the back of a sage mod1 is an empty reciever extension. And in an ar the stock does not move back and forth the bolt carrier group does followed by the bolt buffer which is driven by the recoil spring. The endine kit replaces the standard solid buffer w weights in it with a buffer that has a hydraulic unit to "soften" the recoil. So yes you can put one in your rifle but no its not going to do anything.

·
Registered
509 Posts
First of all what goes on the back of a sage mod1 is an empty reciever extension. And in an ar the stock does not move back and forth the bolt carrier group does followed by the bolt buffer which is driven by the recoil spring. The endine kit replaces the standard solid buffer w weights in it with a buffer that has a hydraulic unit to "soften" the recoil. So yes you can put one in your rifle but no its not going to do anything.
i think he's talking about the endine shot stock. it replaces the entire buffer tube. I have one on my mod-1 and it does reduce felt recoil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts