M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my full length M1A in a EBR Mod 0 chassis but am curious about the mod 1 version. would it be any improvement? anyone have experience with both?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Dont have experience with both BUT have experience with a Mod 1. Wrestled between the two until a month ago. Mod 1 is lighter. Have the option of changing butstocks. To me thats huge. Like the magpul but many more options to swap it if you want. weight is what won me out though. HTH

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ive had both, my rifle is in a MOD1.
It is 1.5-2.0 lbs lighter than the MOD0.
I like the MOD1 better because of the weight savings, stock options, longer side rails, and I can run what ever VFG I want without an adapter.
You cant go wrong with either

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dont have experience with both BUT have experience with a Mod 1. Wrestled between the two until a month ago. Mod 1 is lighter. Have the option of changing butstocks. To me thats huge. Like the magpul but many more options to swap it if you want. weight is what won me out though. HTH
Probably more stock options on the Mod1, but in case you weren't aware, the Mod0 will also accept a change out of any stock that will fit a Rem870. ICONWINK

·
Registered
120 Posts
+1 on the MOD1. I have both style stocks and the MOD1 (18" Scout) is my favorite for the reasons listed above. Mainly weight.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm gonna sell my mod 0 and buy the mod 1. I have an extra mod 0 sliding stock assembly so that way I'll have boy plus the Lon side rails of the mod 1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts