M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
The main one is the Mod 0 has the two rail standard rear end and proprietary grip, while the Mod 1 has the AR extension tube and takes AR type grips. There are other slight differences, but that's the one most will use to ID them. I will add that Mod 0's and Mod 1's are usually special production runs with special features. The usual stocks seen are the black ALCS (twin rail rear end) and black ALCS/CV (AR rear end); these are standard production run stocks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My loaded with the medium weight barrel would not work with my mod o, I had to use my scout rifle with the light contour barrel. I have the stock that uses 6 screws in the hand guard, you will need the stock that uses 5 screws. Talk to a rep when you order so you get the correct one.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You will also need the m4 buffer tube adapter.

The mod-1 is a special run stock with longer side rails, thicker botton rail, 2 piece hand guards, laser etched numbers on all rails and comes in either a dark gray or fde. If your stock is black then it's not a mod-1 or a mod-0.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It looks like you have to buy a whole new rear end, not just the butstock, buffer tube and the like, you actually need to remove the 2 screws holding the mod0 butt on, and buy a whole new pistol grip assembly with the ability to accept the buffer tube and stock (mod 1 verson), right? there is no way to attach those parts (buffer tube, adaater, buttstock) to the mod 0 rear end that I have, is there?

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
It looks like you have to buy a whole new rear end, not just the butstock, buffer tube and the like, you actually need to remove the 2 screws holding the mod0 butt on, and buy a whole new pistol grip assembly with the ability to accept the buffer tube and stock (mod 1 verson), right? there is no way to attach those parts (buffer tube, adaater, buttstock) to the mod 0 rear end that I have, is there?
you are correct.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You will also need the m4 buffer tube adapter.

The mod-1 is a special run stock with longer side rails, thicker botton rail, 2 piece hand guards, laser etched numbers on all rails and comes in either a dark gray or fde. If your stock is black then it's not a mod-1 or a mod-0.
So then you can also convert a mod 1 to a mod 0 with not much trouble?

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I was actually seriously considering trading my mod0 rear end for a mod 1 rear end with a ctr stock.

but i don't think i will because the mod 0 is better in all aspects except weight.

UNLESS You get a folder adapter then the mod 1 will fold to the side and be shorter OAL than the mod 0's very short fully collapsed position.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
So why is the Mod 1 $899 and the Mod 0 $729?

http://www.clydearmory.com/
Mod 1 are generally special edition and limited realease stocks and have always been more, what clydes has now is not really a true mod 1 with extended laser etched side rails and taller bottom rail and 2 piece kydex, but it is a special unique color that you might not see again,
To answer the OP question you need the Mod 1 adapter $185 from sage they currently have 2 in black, they dont make NSG anymore per my conversation with Tammy today, you will need a tango down grip $35, castle nut and milspec tube $35 and magpul CTR milspec $75 and cheek riser $20 so your total conversion price is $310

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks. So adapter, tangdown pistol grip for a AR15, a ar15 buffertube and castlenut, AR adjustable stock that also has a cheek riser. Just trying to be through before I start ordering stuff. Also looking at your newest one with the can on it, were did you get the extended side rails and the smaller kydex?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.