M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have recently acquired a loaded m1a from springfield and dropped it into a sage mod 0 ebr. After some persuading got my trigger to lock into place...however, now it seems only the 10rd springfield mag will fit. I have tried promag and korean 20rd mags with no success. They pivot right in but then won't lock. Oh, also installed a sadlak extended mag release.
Has anyone else experienced similar issues?
Can you recommend potential solutions?
Any help is welcome!
Thanks in advance,
ant

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have an HNR mag that spits bullets out of it as I pull the charging handle out. All my "W" mags and CMI mags work perfect.

Damn, hate that I paid for that HNR mag.... Measured it and everything, almost completely matches my CMI mags with the calipers but cannot find why it spits bullets out the top and doesn't lock in place.

No clue, always forget to take it out of my range bag so everytime I go to the range I get pranked by the HNR mag.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Hi all,
I have recently acquired a loaded m1a from springfield and dropped it into a sage mod 0 ebr. After some persuading got my trigger to lock into place...however, now it seems only the 10rd springfield mag will fit. I have tried promag and korean 20rd mags with no success. They pivot right in but then won't lock. Oh, also installed a sadlak extended mag release.
Any help is welcome!
Thanks in advance,
ant
ok i had the same issue with one of mine even with with sai and cmi mags, with your old mag release remove about 1/8 of a inch ofv the top and install it, if it works (it did for me) do it to the sadlak, remember remove a little at a time untill the mag locks it you cant get metal back but you can remove it

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
CMI makes SA Inc's magazines so most likely the promag and korean mags are out of spec (like that's a surprise). This is why 99% of the people here will say get GI or CMI mags only.

Personally, I wouldn't go filing on a $40+ part till I tried known good mags.

As for the HNR mag... the feed lips are probably bent and need to be bent back in...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
gentlemen,
thank you very much for your replies. It is my intention to pick up more quality magazines. In the meantime, a friend of mine was recently at a gunshow and was considerate enough to pick these up for me, knowing that i had recently purchased the rifle. Since I can not return them, I figured I would try to make them work. I would probably try to remove material from the mags before removing material from the mag release at this point since I know it works with the springfield mags.
I'm just curious, where do i start, from the lower ledge of the "protrusion" on the rear of the mag? Is that the locking point?
Thanks again!!

ok, quick update...had a little more opportunity to work on the issue today. Promags are fitting, but super tight. Korean specials...no joy. Oh well. I'll see what I can manage with a little "creative" dremeling. ;)

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
CMI makes SA Inc's magazines so most likely the promag and korean mags are out of spec (like that's a surprise). This is why 99% of the people here will say get GI or CMI mags only.

Personally, I wouldn't go filing on a $40+ part till I tried known good mags.

As for the HNR mag... the feed lips are probably bent and need to be bent back in...
he should definitely try a cmi mag first, if that doesnt work thats why i said to do it on the old catch a $5 part first

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi all,
Any help is welcome!
Thanks in advance,
ant
I recently did the same, SAI loaded added sage and Sedlak mag release. I have 20 and 10 sai mags and havent had an issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.