M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install a Sage EBR on my Springfield M1A and I'm having problems. I was able to dissemble the gun completely except for the op-rod guide (which as you know needs to be replace with the Sage op-rod guide). I punched the pin out and have tried to get the damm op-rod guide off, with no luck. I'm no gunsmith, but I've done all of my own work on my ARs and other guns with no problems and feel comfortable working on my own guns. What am I doing wrong, I've tried heating it (not to much), tried to carefully remove with a brass drift and ball pen hammer, tried hitting with a plastic mallet, no luck. I don't think that its moved at all. I'm afraid that I might screw the gun up. What do you suggest? What have other people done? If I need to take it to a M14 gunsmith, who is in the Atlanta area that can work on M14s? Thanks for the help.GI1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I didn't see that thread before, good info. I think I'm going to cut it off with the Drimmel tool (90% cut and use a screw driver to twist the last bit). I can't wait to get the rifle installed in the EBR. I'll post back with the results.
GI1

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just picked up the Dremmel and finished cutting that thing off. It worked like a charm. Now I just need to figure out how the receiver gets fitted into this damn chasis and the order of putting things back on it. This should be interesting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Where did you get the Sage chassis from? Was it new, from an authorized dealer or distributor? Rumors of counterfeits keep coming up, mostly marketed to the Airsoft crowd. Keep in mind also, that Sage cannot guarantee the fit to non mil spec receivers...that means a USGI M14 receiver.

Mine was VERY tight going into a SAI Scout, late 2014 production. My USGI and CMI mags lock/function OK.

My SAI op rod guide came off fairly easy. Not so on a .308 Garand/Sage I set up, that one was an hour with a brass drift.

Glad you got yours cut off successfully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.