M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I installed my JRA barreled action into my new Sage Model 0 stock I installed the so called Crush Washer with the tapered side facing as per the instructions. The Gas Lock timed exactly even with the Gas Cylinder bore on lockup. The Rifle cycles 100%. While at the range recently I happened to notice that the Washer can be rotated with very little effort indicating no pressure is being exerted onto the Washer. So is this an actual Crush Washer or just a Spacer to compensate for the lack of a front band ?

·
Registered
628 Posts
This isn't the thread to discuss SEI stuff - but do a search, there are plenty of reasons for people to have strong opinions about them.

While I don't regret buying any of their products, their skill as gunsmiths are another story. I'm just glad I bought everything I wanted before I had my own negative experience(s) with them.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My crush washer wouldn't make contact by a couple of thousands at lock up. I made a shim to add to the washer. it now locks at 530 and with a push of my finger locks at 600 Now there's no gas cylinder wobble.

·
Registered
324 Posts
you can order new washer from sage for $2.5 each.
They sent me one for free! I bought the stock used from a kind soul on here. They also sent me a bunch of stickers and promotional material too. My more liberal cohorts must really love my bathroom reading materials GI1

I had an earlier stock with a "peel washer" and I called them about getting a new one. Tammy just asked me for my address, and said she'd have one out soon! My brains about hit the floor. Thats some service

1 - 12 of 12 Posts