M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Everything was going swell on my sage ebr chassis install until i tried screwing down the top of the chassis down. It wasn't sitting flush with the bottom chassis. Can anyone tell me what went wrong? I was trying to put in a loaded springfield M1A into the chassis with 22 inch barrel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the barrel is a medium national match barrel

So it seems I have the wrong top cover for my barrel. I need the top cover with 5 screw holes that accepts a medium match barrel

·
Registered
248 Posts
You're correct. The EBR on my loaded has three on the left and two on the right. I think (getting old) I saw a post that current production was all 5 screw now, but I might have dreamt that.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I researched this when looking to buy my Sage chassis, if I recall correctly the top cover can be modified to fit. But why modify it? Call Sage and have it replaced, if it is new I'm sure they will help you out.
Especially if you plan on attaching a scope mount to the top cover, then I think it'd be a good advice to have the proper chassi and top cover.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I assume you have an older EBR 6 screw. If its in nice shape, dont mod it. You cant find them easily and worth more on resale if original. Get a new 5 screw top. I recall they were around $115 or so

1 - 8 of 8 Posts