M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it and just dumped a wad of cash for a Sage EBR.
My question is; is the Sage M14 Detachable Cantilevered Scope Mount the best way to go? They are 200 bucks. I was thinking of using a LaRue Tactical SPR-E LT-139 I can get one for 215.00. Is it worth saving some money on rings or will I kick myself for not just buying the Sage rail?
I guess the striper clip rail mount is a definite no go.

Mainly it comes down to money; and I know spend once cry once.
Is it better to use the rail or a reversed cantilever scope mount?

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
You have to call and ask for it.

A friend had both the LaRue and Sage mounts, he ditched the LaRue. He likes the Sage since it also uses the stripper clip as a contact point making it more stable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Sage M14 Detachable Cantilevered Scope Mount is the way to go. The Larue 608 mount is a diving board style cantilever mount and there is some bounce with that design as it gets no support over the stripper clip area. The Sage mount also locks into the stripper clip guide so it really is not a cantilever at all as it is supported in two places.

The Sage stripper clip mount works at first but over time they loosen and only have a single set screw to keep them tight.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I finally did it and just dumped a wad of cash for a Sage EBR.
My question is; is the Sage M14 Detachable Cantilevered Scope Mount the best way to go? They are 200 bucks. I was thinking of using a LaRue Tactical SPR-E LT-139 I can get one for 215.00. Is it worth saving some money on rings or will I kick myself for not just buying the Sage rail?
I guess the striper clip rail mount is a definite no go.

Mainly it comes down to money; and I know spend once cry once.
Is it better to use the rail or a reversed cantilever scope mount?
What look or Variant Sage EBR are you trying to configure. That will determine on the type of Scope, scope mounts and rings to be used. If using an Aimpoint or Eotech, then the Sage DCSB wil not be suited. DI5

What type of Scope will you put on her?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Reactions: Acropora

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
From and older post:

i think all the mk4 rings are a bit high. look at sei or badger ord. low rings. the sage and larue cantilever mounts are almost the same height, you didn't say which one mount you're using.

here's H2OMAN's MK4 on a larue lt 608, sei low rings

sage dcsb with sei low rings

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.