M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone who used an AL or other Sadlak Scope Mount have difficulties with it fitting an M1A.

I picked up the AL mount but am out of town and haven't tried to fit it to my Loaded M1A. I know they offer the "we'll make it fit" service but just wanted to see what my chances are of having it fit the first time?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a M1A loaded model too that I mounted a steel Sadlak mount to it.

I followed their instructions and had no problems putting the mount on. The mount is very solid and I have had the rifle with the mount on it to the range four or five times now and it holds a zero.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Got the alum one and fitted it to my Springer STD with out issue the first time out

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I've done it on 1 SAI, a 2006NM, and 2 LRBs, with the standard Sadlak Steel with zero difficulties and 100% performance. Just about to get another for my recently aquired SAI.

What difficulties are you having? What are the first 3 digits of your rifles serial number?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
My Airborne mount worked on my 1980 vintage standard and my 2002 vintage loaded without a hitch. I haven't had any problems holding zero with either one.

The secret to me is two fold.

1. The side fit must be right or it just wont hold a zero so check that fit out first. Also check the fit and assembly of the screws and parts, chase out any threads if you have to (I never have had to).
  2. I recommend is to loosely assemble the mount on your rifle and then slowly tighten things down until all the screw are snubbed up. Keep checking for alignment or fit problems as you go along.

The thing that most people complain about is removing the cartridge clip guide. The instructions tell you how but sometimes you have to put the receiver in to a vice and use a hard plastic mallet to get it out. Make sure that the wedge (that replaces the cartridge clip guide) and mount don't try to fight against each other as you tighten things down. Then follow their recommended tightening order and finally put just a hair of tension on the front screw that touches the receiver ring.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses although I realize I probably put this question in the wrong location. I am not having any problems since I haven't tried to use the mount yet. On their site they say that not all rifles are made to the same measurements and so I was trying to allay my concerns. If the SA M1A/Sadlak mounts have worked for others looks like I probably shouldn't have too much difficulty getting it to work properly. I hope DI5

·
Registered
210 Posts
I instaled their Air Borne allum. mount and it fit right up to my reciever,the only real problem I had was getting the roll pin out of the stripper clip guide.I like it a lot,realy solid mount.Her are a couple of pixs of the mount on my rifle.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TJC357

What rings are those?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts