M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at replacing the spring guide and confused that one site sells both a Sadlak Spring guide and Sadlak NM Spring guide. Besides how light my wallet will feels, my google fu cannot seem to find any information on what is different between the two. Maybe someone can chime in for me on this?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Sadlak only makes NM spring guides as far as I know. A long time ago when they started making them they did a very limited production (25 I think) of hollow NM spring guides (a little lighter but more difficult to make). Current production are solid one piece units. These two variations of NM spring guides are the only ones I've heard of them making.

I will add Sadlak NM spring guides are 100% good to go, I have two of the hollow units (one still new in wrap) and they're perfect in every way. The one I've used only has finish wear, dimensionally it's still like new.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I guess I go with the cheaper one. Was finding it odd I could not find any information.

·
"Death From Above"
11,646 Posts
I dint knkw if they added a new guide to there list. A spring guide may be the flat one that resembles the gi guide. They are typically refered to as spring guides. They are flat in apperance. A nm spring guide is made to resemble the guide the gi's developed out if taking a regular guide cutting off the mag catch end and welding it in steel drill rod making them round. Sadlak makes one better! It a solid one piece guide. I use the match spring guide in all my rifles. If you are in the market for an op rod spring guide you can't go wrong with there match spring guide.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
As both NoExpert and 82nd ABN said, we only manufacture one spring guide - P/N 140020. Sorry if the information on the website was confusing.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
If you get a Sadlak spring guide. Take youre old one and compress the spring on it out in the open, in your hands. Then do the same thing with the Sadlak guide. It's a no brainer. I don't know much but this is just so obvious its ridiculous and I still have people trying to tell me the standard flat GI guide is the only way to go. They might not affect accuracy, I don't know, but they sure do make the spring work smoother. I think they are around $40 I have 3 of them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MM I have always wondered why they have a sqaure peg trying to guide a round object.

NoExpert you are right it was Brownell, now that look at it without tired eyes I just realized the other one is a different maker. *smack forehead*
Great I justed wasted all your time. No stupid questions form me for a while now.

·
"Death From Above"
11,646 Posts
There are no stupid questions. Think about how many people saw the post and discovered Sadlaks sweet guide!

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I don't know much but this is just so obvious its ridiculous and I still have people trying to tell me the standard flat GI guide is the only way to go.
I like how they say the flat guide reduces wear on the op rod spring since it has less contact area... nevermind the fact standard USGI springs have an average life expectancy of about 3000 to 5000 rounds.

No stupid questions form me for a while now.
We like stupid questions, hard questions, technical questions and every question in between. Ask away.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
That brings up the whole new subject of Tubbs springs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was wondering where found one of those Tubbs springs, but i doubt im quite ready for a replacement of those yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nope, I have not done anything like that just been shooting and researching parts I might want get or have to replace.

My highland range (middle of no where) is now under 2 feet of snow, and the low land rifle range is closed because some lady decided to shoot up a near by barn with a ak-47. While the property owner was in the barn.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
You may want to look into doing that as well as fitting and gluing the hand guard. Pretty cheap to do, about the same cost as that NM spring guide if you have to buy a set of castle nut pliers and some hi-temp silicone.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I have castle nut pliers. I have no done too much work since I have been just getting familiar with the weapon system. Though I have been looking at Sage or Troy at some point in the future.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sadlack Spring Guide

I purchased and just installed the Sadlack Spring Guide in my SOCOM. It did smooth out the action. Enough that a friend who did a before and after test with me also noticed. Now I need to shoot it some more.

sneaker

1 - 20 of 20 Posts