M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear fellow m14 types:
had a nice long talk with my good friend mike sadlak of sadlak industries today.
he told me he is sending me 2 titanium nitrided gas pistons for me to check out and use. these will go for around 30 dollars.
he asked me to also let you guys know that he has an improved m14 scope mount that is made from titanium, yes all titanium.
its a little pricy over 300 dollars but well worth the price if you can spare the cash this item exceeds smiths mount by a mile as far as tolerances i loaned mike the drawing closeups for the clearance on the reciever for him to make an exact tolernce of the left side of the m14 reciever.
i will be fowarding pictures for you guys in a couple of days mike is downbloading to me maybe tommorrow. you can get a hold of mike at sadlak industries at 860-742-0227. regards jeff hueygunner

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Very cool to hear, thanks!

I have one of his NM op rod spring guides & am quite pleased with it. Looking forward to seeing what you think of the mount & pistons.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Hueygunner asked me to post this.....

Sadlak Rifle Parts

Price List
Effective Date: 01/01/2004

M14/M1A Products 1 or 2pcs 3-9pcs**
Spring Guide, Hollow* $38.50ea. 34.00
Spring Guide, Solid $38.50ea. 34.00

Scope Mount, Titanium $360.00ea. 340.00
Scope Mount, Steel $225.00ea. 205.00

NM Piston, Polished Stainless $30.00ea. 27.00
NM Piston, Gold (TIN) Coated $34.00ea. 30.00
* Note: There is a limited quantity of Hollow spring guides available and will be discontinued once existing inventory is sold.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
I have a couple of SADLAK's TiN coated pistons and hollow spring guides and they're great. The pistons are completely coated in TiN and fit perfectly in the cylinder. The spring guides are copies of the BPT guides and work very well. All in all, great products at great prices, you could pay less but you won't get the quality SADLAK puts out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
noexpert:
said it all and his pictures are just right. i got those 2 pistons in todays ups drop off damn mike you only sent it yesterday.
i just finished specking them out as per the drawing these are to the tolereance as prescribed in final inspection of finished pistons. i think they fit just right in a gas cylinder just tried it on chickenfried's finished gas cylinder smooth as a babies ass. the quality is there so give mike sadlak a try his products are top notch price is right when it comes to quality . regards hueygunner

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have had the spring guides and TiN coated pistons for a few weeks. Fired near a 1000 rounds and I am very pleased. Also, they are very nice people to deal with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was wondering about the difference in expansion rates between Ti and steel, because I've heard that was a problem with aluminum mounts, and the answer is.....

Steel,carbon .00000633 per degree F. per inch

Aluminum .00001244 per degree F. per inch

Titanium .0000049 per degree F. per inch

So it doesn't expand/contract the same as steel, but it is a lot closer than aluminum. I don't know if this will be a big deal, as far as accuracy goes, or not. Just something to think about.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Now one of them Titanium mounts would be nice!

They beat me to it! :lol: I had an idea of having my father build a titanium version of the Brookfield mount at his aircraft parts manufacturing plant that makes mostly Titanium parts. Problem was getting a decent drawing to him. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.