M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 3 brand new Titanium mounts from mike to test and do a tech inspection. these are nice. Pricey but more than worth it if you got the cash to spare these are a limited run.
I am definitely getting one of these babies they fit like a glove.

In addition to this i gave mike the drawings for the true AM21 National Match Piston 9352724.

This item has the groove cut on the top of the piston to equalize the gas pressures on the piston in its travel.
It keeps it from hammering the oprod. He made me up a few for testing and as payment for my tech services. I believe you can order them as of today so call mike and let him know you want the real M21 piston 9352724. regards jeff

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Thanks for the info hueygunner! :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guru:
the mounts are just like the smiths the armscorp and the brookfield in dimension. material is titanium. light and stronger than steel.

·
Registered
187 Posts
M21 piston 9352724,is the one sadlak making is it tin coated or not or both? You notice improvement with it? I already got to tin coated ones,one just recently and the other earlier in the yr.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bravo2:
mike makes 2 kinds right now the titanium nitride coated piston is just like the brookfield original for m25 rifle.
the other is standard gas piston.
both can be modified to the nm configuration with the groove at the top. which is what mike will most likely be doing in a few days. jeff

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sadlak is making some nice stuff. I went up to Coventry, CT to visit their shop. Great guys, very high quality work, can't say enough about them! I got one of their TiNi coated pistons and a steel scope mount, just waiting on my rifle to get back from SA from the numerous repairs :roll: Hopefully it will be here soon, I got tomorrow and friday off of work!! And lots of ammo!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is this something i should send both of mine back to him to see if he would add that mod to them? Is it worth the trouble? Is it just more consistant or just less felt recoil feel do to not slapping against the operating rod or what? I would like to see a pic of the difference of it vs the ones i got that are tin coated NM ones.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wish they would make the whole receivers, too, as well as bolts, op rods, etc, etc, etc :) They might be trying something with the gas cylinders as well, according to my source at Hoffmans in CT :) Can't wait!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
taz/reb:
i will talk to mike about this but do not expect something quick.
first off to come up with a reciever will take alot of capital to drive it.
as far as gas cylinders maybe and oprods these could be done still money must be invested and the return must more than match the intial tooling and investments in materials. in other words they would need a vast amount of these thing sold to turn a real profit but knowing mikes shop and his capabilities this should not be a very hard task. jeff

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, Mike and his guys are great to deal with. I'm so sick of SA's garbage they have been putting out recently, I wish a quality shop would make the parts, GI specs and quality and readily available. I know they are a small shop, but I hope they get more goodies coming out soon! My rifle is due back early next week, so I can get that thing scoped and have some fun! They have done op rods before IIRC, but I think the GI 2 piece pattern. Or was it spring guides? they have some other stuff listed on their website. Receivers, well, we can dream, can't we??? SA's just aren't the same as holding a old, forged GI receiver, totally different feel!

·
Registered
846 Posts
hey jeff while you are at it ask about bolts. good bolts are becoming harder to find.

heck even some of the bolt parts can be difficult sometimes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Talked to Mike today

Finally got my SA back from Springfield. New reciever, new forged SA bolt (00101) yes forged, new gas piston, new H&R chrome lined barrel. Scope mount went on nicely the first time trying it, locks up great, too, but it is off center still because the groove dimensions are still off, worse than the receiver I sent back!!!! Specs call for a .149" groove, old was .130", new is .120". WTF?!?!?!?!?!!??!

I talked to mike bout doing other parts. The groove in the piston can be dont on older pistons, he said $8, (that may change), but they have to wait till they get a bunch in to set up the machine, amy be a few week turnaround. I suggested either a group buy type thing, or get a bunch together and send them all out at once. Also told him people were lookin for extractors, mag rebuild kits, and other various small parts. I suggested a "repair kit" with springs, extractors, what else do you guys want to see in it? if we get enough interest, we might be able to get them to make more parts, too :)

What do you guys want to see them make in terms of small parts????

·
Registered
72 Posts
I DON'T know about "what wears out.'
Maybe I am REEEEAAALLLYYYY lucky with my shorty, but in 40,000+ rounds I never replaced extractors because of failure, just did it because I didn't want to have one while making a good run(they ARE so few and FAR between) :mrgreen: I also never suffered any parts failure of any kind.
So I would throw a new extractor in around every 6-7000 rounds or so along with a new extractor spring.
In all the years of competition those are the only parts I ever replaced.
I religiously detailed my rifle after each competition
I religiously lubed all the parts and
I religiously LUBED MY AMMO prior to making my runs.(NOT REPEAT NOT every round, just every 7th or 8th round)
I think that may have had a LOT to do with how great it ran/runs and how I never had a parts failure while shooting.

I have one of those Pact timers with the RPM counter in it that gives you rate of fire and there IS a difference in speed between a dry chamber with dry ammo vs a light lube chamber and lubed ammo. The gun runs faster with the lube, although a person would probably not be able to pick up the difference. I know I couldn't and I was shooting the gun, but, the clock does. THe differences would be in the 10ths of seconds between dry vs lube...every time I could keeep the rapid trigger rythem going. I was just shooting for speed of function and nothing to do with hitting anything but my hill.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.