·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yippee Kay yea

Reactions: racer

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
Be interesting to see what he actually says or tries to do. Surprisingly he has been a bit cautious thus far on making any outlandish proclamations, and has at least been quoted as saying he needs to see what he can actually legally do by EO alone, and would prefer it be done in the legislature to be more permanent.
We shall see....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Who knows what the EOs will contain until they are issued. Rumor has it there may be guidance on home storage safety measures and some restrictions on “assault” style weapons. I disagree with any gun control, but the above is a no go.

“Other executive actions remain unclear. But stakeholders have speculated that the president could announce regulations on concealed assault-style firearms; prohibitions on firearm purchases for those convicted of domestic violence against their partners; and federal guidance on home storage safety measures”

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Remember when policy was created by legislators in congress and not presidents who are supposed to be executives that carry out the laws? Ah, the good ole' days..
Isn't that what prevented Obama from writing EOs after Sandy Hook? I thought a lot of EOs were found to be unconstitutional. Now if laws depend on definitions created by the 'agencies' then we could see some things. I think that reality was mentioned by others in some earlier threads.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
digging into pockets*

Speaking of which, I seem to get the same or similar messages at similar times from the Firearms Policy Coalition and the California Gunrights Federation, or whatever CGF stands for. Does anybody happen to know if I sending money to two different organizations, or they are in fact the same? I love funding suing the CA state government, not just because the State government directly affects my rights, but the people who use it for a vehicle for Federal politics would like to use it as an example to 'Lead' us right into a trash can.

worth sharing to share.

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
I have no problem with presidents writing EO's, they can be quite useful. Sometimes the courts decide that some are not constitutional and strike them down, OK, thats the courts job. All presidents do it, its just tough when the sitting president is a leftard and hates guns.
The Biden camp knows he can only get away with so much that way though, and thats why he is pushing Congress.

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
Biden himself wont be passing any laws, he cant. He can introduce things to Congress or write EO's, which are not law, but have the same basic effect until they get voted on by Congress or tossed in court. Every president finds out that his EO's are really only good as long as he is president, then the next guy comes along and undoes them all, just like Biden did with many of Trumps EO's.

·
Registered
All gun laws are unconstitutional
6,695 Posts
Biden himself wont be passing any laws, he cant. He can introduce things to Congress or write EO's, which are not law, but have the same basic effect until they get voted on by Congress or tossed in court. Every president finds out that his EO's are really only good as long as he is president, then the next guy comes along and undoes them all, just like Biden did with many of Trumps EO's.
Don't count on any EO gun law being undone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Trump tried to undo some of Obama's EOs and the courts stopped him, so it is not as simple as you say. Also, no guarantee the next president (republican or democrat) will want to undo any gun related EO.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Trump tried to undo some of Obama's EOs and the courts stopped him, so it is not as simple as you say. Also, no guarantee the next president (republican or democrat) will want to undo any gun related EO.
A conservative cant undo a RINO or Democrat order or law anymore. The courts won't allow it, the voting machines are not going to allow anyone honest into office again.

Dominion goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thats just it , POTUS cant make laws , only Congress/Senate can .
Go buy and use a bump stock and see how that legally works out for you. Trump's dumb move on that EO is a standard that may burn us.

·
Registered
All gun laws are unconstitutional
6,695 Posts
Go buy and use a bump stock and see how that legally works out for you. Trump's dumb move on that EO is a standard that may burn us.
Ive been saying that for years. He was just as obama when he stopped rusian saigas and 5.45 ammo. Just as bad as clinton when he stopped norinco imports and big daddy bush when he stopped foreign imports like HK91s and 93s.

BuT iT DoEsnT eFfECT me so I DoNT CAre. Gun owners are there own worst enemy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ive been saying that for years. He was just as obama when he stopped rusian saigas and 5.45 ammo. Just as bad as clinton when he stopped norinco imports and big daddy bush when he stopped foreign imports like HK91s and 93s.

BuT iT DoEsnT eFfECT me so I DoNT CAre. Gun owners are there own worst enemy.
Bump stocks waste ammo. Can’t aim with a bump stock. Bump stocks are a gimmick and an AR accessory for wannabe tactical warriors.

I’ve seen many on this forum make these arguments, but they miss the point. Our own worst enemies indeed.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts