M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PM Sent. I have heard they were "ghost" marked on the front. What that means I can only assume. The markings are difficult to make out similar to those on a lot of GI magazines is what I gather. Have to look at it in just the right light. M1 Garands are so much easier.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
PM Sent. I have heard they were "ghost" marked on the front. What that means I can only assume. The markings are difficult to make out similar to those on a lot of GI magazines is what I gather. Have to look at it in just the right light. M1 Garands are so much easier.

Pics on the way. I'll take a close-up of the front. never heard about a "ghost" marking...

JWB

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are a couple of pics of my early style gas cylinder. Not sure what that is supposed to be but It's my understanding only SA and Winchester made the early style. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Pics on the way. I'll take a close-up of the front. never heard about a "ghost" marking...
JWB[/QUOTE
Since you say your Challenged
Email them to me I will Post them For You

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It looks like an LF to me too. I looked at it under magnification.I'm not sure how it would look if I tried taking off the finish.

I have JWB's pics so if they don't get posted before I get home tonight I'll do it then If he doesn't mind. I see nothing on his Gas Cylinder. The more I have dug into this I think the SA should be marked on the right side towards the front.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.