M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why but I have always had a thing for SA marked en-bloc clips and can't resist the urge too dig threw piles looking for them, over the years I've picked one up here and there and today I found another too add too my small group.

I also found a odd IMI marked one from Israel as well.

I down side is I paid $3.00 each...... The up shot is I have seen Gun Show SA marked en-bloc clips run $10.00 a pop.....No thanks..

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Same thing with the SKS 10 rounds strippers use to be able to buy a whole bucket full of them for dirt cheap now they sell for 8$ a piece.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
$10 for an SA en bloc. Wow...that's steep.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
We're not gonna give $10 for a Garand clip, but SA was good stuff and the blind hog always gives that nut a close look.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got several SA and sa en bloc clips. Weren't the uppercase letters the earlier version?
I have 1 unmarked, 1 large SA and the rest are small block with a short line in the top and bottom of the SA, I was told years ago so I don't know how correct the info is that the early unmarked clips were WWII era, the large SA pre Korea and the small SA post Korea until the end of production?

Unlike the Winchester guys that just have too have everything winny, I'm not a real clip collector I just think its cool too have SA clips for my Springfield Armory M1 and no other reason.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Heck, I ain't picky about en blocs. Even the JMO work fine for me.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$3 each, i guess i should go through all of mine and start selling them.
I'm not a real clip collector, but $3. for a SA clip when I see them at the G/S between $5-10. I will pick one up if its in good shape.

I didn't know that Israel(IMI) made them either so I splurged on that one and picked it up as well.

But yes, $3.00 per is the most I've spent on a clip. Maybe one or two I picked up along the way but most of my other SA's came with ammo.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I say the cheapest priced ones are the best . $3 seem to be the norm everywhere i've seen, but $10 is crazy. I have a few Borg Warner

·
Registered
892 Posts
I don't care about who made them as long as they work. But on the other hand I just got a box in the mail with 10 brw enblocs.

I just might have to dig throw all my clips and offer them up for trade.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm not a real clip collector, but $3. for a SA clip when I see them at the G/S between $5-10. I will pick one up if its in good shape.

I didn't know that Israel(IMI) made them either so I splurged on that one and picked it up as well.

But yes, $3.00 per is the most I've spent on a clip. Maybe one or two I picked up along the way but most of my other SA's came with ammo.
Phil, I have a couple SA marked here I will trade you for BRW if you want, all the same to me. Jay

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
As I remember there are 3 different SA stamped style of enblocs, The big letter SA small letter SA and the SA is turned/stamped the other direction

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
do the SA marked en blocks "ping" different from the others? maybe a "ping" comparison between manufacturers is in order. just kidding of course but with my damaged hearing I swear the Greek en blocks sound different that the SAs & others I have.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As I remember there are 3 different SA stamped style of enblocs, The big letter SA small letter SA and the SA is turned/stamped the other direction
I don't know but here is what I have, 1 unmarked, 1 Lg SA, 5 small sa, 3 sa with a bar on top/bottom, 2 sa bar on bottom, 1 sa bar on top.

·
Super Moderator
11,119 Posts
A friend gave me a case of 30-06 ammo a few years ago, all in en-bloc clips and in bandoleers. I just dug up the case. I have 15 BR-W clips and one DAQ.

I fired most of it through my Savage. I still have 2 full clips.

Tony.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts