M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
R T Echo
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SA will be makeing a run of 10.000 Mi grands in 30-06. Recievers are from Lithgow arsenal in aus, barrels from Wilson, and stocks from boyds. the rest of the parts will be USGI. They did not give a price at this time. Anybody else here about this?

Keith 8O

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
There was a store near me selling them for 859.00 plus tax. Seen a post on battlerifle.com they are good guns from what I heard.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
From what I have been told they are not usgi some are even Danish. They are good shooter from what I hear I saw one it looked nice.You might find one on the web at gon.com there was a ad in there at Chucks gun in the oct. or nov.

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
Depending on the parts used ,it may be a good deal.
Like VAR barrels and other Danish stamped parts.
I hear that the VAR barrels will shoot very well.
They sould make some in 308 too since the cost of 30-06 ammo is real steep.

warbird out

·
Registered
132 Posts
I realize that when it comes to collecting firearms "to each his own". However, I can't understand why someone would buy one of these cobbled together parts guns, when they could buy two real Garands from the CMP for the same money.
I have read posts from some who say they like the idea of getting a "brand-new" Garand. If that's the case they could get one from Fulton Armory, Clayton Smith, Orion-7, Dean's Gun Repair, or a host of other places that would cost about the same. But they would be of far higher quality and built on USGI receivers, not the shoddy Lithgow ones.
For an expert's review of the Lithgow receiver follow the link below, select "M1 Garand pages" from the menu on the left, then click "FAQ". Near the top of the list will be a review of the Lithgow receiver. You might find it interesting.
http://www.fulton-armory.com/

·
Registered
7 Posts
warbird said:

warbird out
Hey warbird, have you seen the custom M-14 Garand's being built by West Texas Ordnance? M1's in .308 modified to take M14 mags. Looks interesting. http://www.texasordnance.com/rifles.html

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
three08 said:
warbird said:

warbird out
Hey warbird, have you seen the custom M-14 Garand's being built by West Texas Ordnance? M1's in .308 modified to take M14 mags. Looks interesting. http://www.texasordnance.com/rifles.html
Yep,I saw it already.
Refer to the thread in the firing line to see it.

The only problem I see is that most guys still want a M1A because Wilson non chrome barrels are still available as well as other parts.

Purist will hate it.It's good for a guy who has everything though.

warbird

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is old news as SAInc already made the 10,000 M1's in the beginning of 2003. The first 500 were built up on Breda forged receivers and the other 9,500 were made from the cast receivers from Lithglow. There are no plans to make anymore as there are no more parts out there in bulk that SA Inc can buy(this is the main reason there are no more parts kits out there). If they DO plan on making more, they will have to otool up to make the internals... and with th eQC problems SA Inc has with the M1A's I doubt they will go to the trouble.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Fulton Armory

I just read Fulton Armory's report on the Lithgo recievers and spent time there reading other inspections and reviews. Do some of you get the idea that their ads may be a little creative? Just my .02... Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Didn't realize that review was so old. But the point remains the same. Whay would anyone spend $1000.00 or more for one of these when you can have a genuine GI rifle for much less money, or a completely refurbished GI one for about the same?
You're right on the money about spare parts too HighPowerShooter.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.