M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who may have a Nikon scope with a BDC, or are thinking of getting one the following may be of interest.

Put a Nikon Pro Staff with BDC on my M1A. Set the elevation +4" at 100 and tested the BDC circles at 450 yards. With 168g Sierra Match Kings loaded with 41.7g IMR4064 the second circle down, "400 yard" circle, was dead on at 450 yards with this load. Having used nothing but Mill Dot scopes before, I had my doubts about the BDC but no more. I like the sight picture the circles provide better than the dot.

I am extremely impressed with the quality of the Nikon. Is it as clear and sharp as my Vortex Viper, or Leupold? Actually a bit better!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
wbm

I have had great success with mine. I put a Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 BDC last year on my M1A and has stayed right on track. A few months back I was walking back from the 100yd target stand and my M1A had fallen off the bench to the concrete slab!!
Oh..%&#@. Nothing was bent, broken, or damaged. I fired some rounds and it stayed right on target!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the review! What are you doing over here on the dirty gas gunners site? :)
If you never hang out with feather merchants and hooligans, you remain ignorant of their wily and nefarious ways. DI2 Have not seen you over at the brotherhood of the barrel nut lately. Whatcha been up to?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nikon

If you go to the Nikon web site, they have a program you can plug all of the rifle and load info into and it will let you know where the bullet will hit at each BDC circle.
I have the Nikon BDC on my M1A also, besides the web sight, there is also an app. for the Iphone that works the same way as the web sight.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
I use the Nikon Encore 2.5-8x28mm with the BDC and love it. It works really well on my SOCOM 16. I also have the Iphone app for the BDC reticle and it is really great for putting together my range card when I switch to different bullet weights.

·
Registered
188 Posts
can you possibly provide the link at Nikon where they let you put all of the data into it ? I cant find the program on any of their sites.

I just got a buckmaster x6-18 x 40 today and wanted to check some shooter data. Sounded pretty cool

·
Super Moderator
11,544 Posts
If you never hang out with feather merchants and hooligans, you remain ignorant of their wily and nefarious ways. DI2 Have not seen you over at the brotherhood of the barrel nut lately. Whatcha been up to?

I was busy taking my Savage out hunting but we came out empty handed. GI4 Lots of does but no bucks. I did run into a badger though and that was an interesting moment. I returned to a sick toddler and baby duty for a while. Now it's back to the daily grind. I've got a couple of other projects in the works; refinishing a free match 10/22 stock, refinishing some GI fiberglass and shooting some videos.

I'll probably revisit the Savage around Thanksgiving and see how she does. I popped in across the street a few days ago. GI1

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have the 3-9x40 BDC on my LRB and I love the scope. I haven't tested the BDC itself yet, but I will. The glass is crystal clear and the scope is solid and keeps its zero well. Great for the price.

Reactions: bman940

·
Registered
757 Posts
For those who may have a Nikon scope with a BDC, or are thinking of getting one the following may be of interest.

Put a Nikon Pro Staff with BDC on my M1A. Set the elevation +4" at 100 and tested the BDC circles at 450 yards. With 168g Sierra Match Kings loaded with 41.7g IMR4064 the second circle down, "400 yard" circle, was dead on at 450 yards with this load. Having used nothing but Mill Dot scopes before, I had my doubts about the BDC but no more. I like the sight picture the circles provide better than the dot.

I am extremely impressed with the quality of the Nikon. Is it as clear and sharp as my Vortex Viper, or Leupold? Actually a bit better!
interesting. i have a burris w/the bdc ready to go on my m1a. i will have to try it sooner than later.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tay, Ram is correct , just go to Nikonhunting.com, click the spot on logo, register and you are good to go. You can also buy it on itunes for an ipad or iphone , or now you can go to Andrid Market and buy it there. Pretty amamzing technology.
Thanks for all the great comments guys.
Sorry Pine, it only correlates to Nikon BDC reticle.
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

·
Registered
386 Posts
where are these made???

i looked at afew Nikons over the weekend with the bdc. they look very nice, clear but the ones i looked at were made in the Phillipines, that spooked and am now thinking of Leupold are the ones you mention made elsewhere??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.