M14 Forum banner

641 - 646 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
If it is a factory match rifle from 1993, it was built in Glen Nelson's shop. SAI didn't start building them in-house until about 2000.

If you don't have the original box and want to confirm that it is a factory build, PM me the serial number and I'll see what I can find out.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for the info Lloyd. I tried calling & waited 1 hour & 36 minutes for someone to pick up ending in frustration. Is there someone I could email direct to get an answer? I'm just started working again & can't sit on the phone & wait. Anyone else have a way I could get some answers? Thanks to ALL.
Oh, by the way. They tell you to leave a message & they (Springfield) will call you back. It is now 2 weeks since I left the message with rifle serial number & what I needed to know. I'm still waiting & I can't answer now that I started a new job. I even told them to leave a message with the answers to my question. I'm glad I wasn't holding my breath or my life depended on it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dirty Harry, this is the response from SAI...
Thank You Kurt! I appreciate finding out for me. This new job is the 1st one I have had in where the work time is in sync with post offices, government offices, & banking hours. The others ended either 2:30-3:30 which gave you time for DR visits or any of the other businesses I listed.

641 - 646 of 646 Posts